• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

info needed on aerocharger for a pro ride 800

N

nocandoo

Dec 11, 2007
Does anyone have any experience with an aerocharger type turbo set up for a polaris installation through Hiperformance, a shop dealing with the aerocharger set up. I have not heard anything about these guys and needed some info on them and their abilities, anybody had any experience with this outfit???? My last turbo set up was a boondocker pg, it worked alright but this version seems to be a real clean set up, self lubricating allows any position mounting angle, just not sure of the aerocharger type turbos and don't know these guys at Hiperformance at all, thanks for info you might know or have experienced with aerocharger or this outfit..................i appreciate your help...................

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I know nothing about Hiperformance, but do know some about the Aero Turbo. I have one on mine and am thrilled with it. I have ridden both the Boondockers and the Aerocharger setups, and have to say they both run very good (when set up correctly). I do prefer the slightly less lag, and the simpler install of the Aero. It is indeed self lubricating but I am told, you need to make a minor change inside the turbo to mount it in "any position". This has to do with the "wicks" that bring oil to the bearings inside the unit. Was told they (the wicks) have to be adjusted if you position the turbo unit differently than it is setup at the factory. (i think they all come set for vertical installation). Might be a good idea to contact the Mfg on this one. Great turbo though....no complaints here at all :)

In the past, there has been quite a bit of "Aero bashing" on this site, so there is some mis-information out there. Not sure why, but some have not been happy. Then there are many on here that have had complaints about their boondockers setups as well, so i guess it boils down to the shop that does the install. Pick a good one that does either setup, and you will be as thrilled as i am :)

Cheers!

P
Sep 18, 2011
nocandoo aerocharger

nocandoo I have been working with the aerochager turbro since 2007 and I am very happy with it. The guys at hiperformance have always been very helpful and supportive to me, and any questions I have. I have always called them when I needed answers, and I would also be glad to answer anything that I can to. 435-760-3088

Premium Features