• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Burandts BackCountry Adventure

C

cjfox

Jan 31, 2010
SW WYO
So me and four of my buddies went down to ride with burandt and company over April 12-14 I was more anxious for this trip than a 8 yr old before Christmas we booked it in December and wasn't sure how the snow would work out but luck was on our side. It dumped a foot a few days before we got there so our first ride Saturday wasn't to bad but Saturday night it started to just straight come down in town. We woke up to a good 8inchs at the lodge and as we climbed in elevation the snow got deeper and deeper. We played in about 2-1/2 to 3 foot of fresh heavy wet Colorado powder! The day started off great with some of the best four wheel driving and trailer spinning skills I have yet to see or you could say 5 trucks and 4 trailers stuck, broken cv axels, and stage 5 efi black smoke! it was a $h/- show haha. The schooled filmers where there so hopefully some of it make it to the movie, but back to the riding Chris is a mad man an there is a reason why he is where he is now. He does the impossible walks on snow and can see thru 6 trees in front of him. I thought we rode some tight trees here in Wyoming but compared to Colorado it might as well be wide open meadows! The way he knows exactly what the pro is capable of is crazy. He could pull things off I never thought was possible, his films do no justice what so ever. So basically it was a huge check to the ego and put us all down a step haha. Chris is a great guy and very down the earth, I thought he would be burnt out shooting the bull about sleds an this and tht but he still is way excited and won't hold nothing back. The lodging was amazing and the food was killer to! So was it worth the money and would I do it again? Hell Yes! And I challenge anyone out there that thinks they are the king, go ahead and book and trip and be ready to have your brain fried by complete confusin on how he pulls lines an keeps going up hill when you are powered out and stuck. We all took our own sleds down there and at the elevation the 800 felt like a detuned 600 so picking your lines ment so much more. Also I got the chance to rip his Carl's 900 with the 163 3" and all I can say is wow! That sled is unreal and it made up my mind on turbo or big bore. Loved how no worries pull and go rock it like a stock sled. I think there was a reason why it had twice as many miles on it as his turbo did. But anyways here are some pics of the trip and I got tons of gopro footage still to go thru enjoy! And a swallow your pride and pay the money you won't be disappointed
qesebe4u.jpg

vysy5unu.jpg

yqyvuqu2.jpg

yvuhu3yp.jpg

ydu2etag.jpg

usezaqu9.jpg

u4y6a9uv.jpg

eqyha9y9.jpg

Arctic cat sponsored by Bigfoot... One way to be lighter than a Polaris haha
paze7ugu.jpg

qa8u6uma.jpg

9a4u6a8e.jpg

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
yvuhu3yp.jpg

This is no photo job it really was this steep and Chris was still going higher!
ydu2etag.jpg

you'd really be amazed at what we have to do to get the trees to grow at those angles you see in the pics... it's a very special process, takes a lot of time ;) :lol:

btw, if you want to make something look steeper than it is, including trees in the pic isn't the best idea :p

Premium Features