• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

upper heim joint

B

bustamove

Oct 31, 2010
is there an after market or cross reference to one. or is everyone just ordering the Polaris one?

is the Polaris one tough enough? or should i be looking for something that i can grease?

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I think all the aftermarket arms just use the factory top one. I know with my timbersled I had to remove the stock one and reinstall it in their arm. Top ones seem to last. The joint in the factory bottom arm is another story, it was completely worn out at 1450 miles.

W
May 27, 2009
Maple Valley, WA
I have a 2006 700 rmk and noticed just the other day that when i turned the sleds handlebars while riding there was a distinct creaking noise. Is this noise due to the heim joint or something else i should be looking for?

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I have a 2006 700 rmk and noticed just the other day that when i turned the sleds handlebars while riding there was a distinct creaking noise. Is this noise due to the heim joint or something else i should be looking for?

the joint in the steering posts tends to creak. Lift the front of your sled and check the joints for slop too.

B

bustamove

Oct 31, 2010
okay ill just order up a stock one. how do you suggest to check the bottom one? just jack the a arm to lift the weight off the ski?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
This year we have actually broke a couple (2) heim joints. They've just come unsnapped, popped them back together and they finished the ride. I can't really tell you what happened prior to them popping apart...LOL

Now that these sleds are starting to get a little age to them, this might be something to be aware of when in the B-C.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
okay ill just order up a stock one. how do you suggest to check the bottom one? just jack the a arm to lift the weight off the ski?

Yes, you should be able to lift the ski off the ground and wiggle the ski to see if there is slop. If you have not greased these every few hundred miles they are almost certainly worn out.

B

bustamove

Oct 31, 2010
there is no grease fittings on mine!

diamonddave- mine came appart mid jump, i noticed the ski was doing its own thing.. youd be surprised how far you can ride without the upper connected.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
you have to take the bolt out and turn the ball sideways to grease them. That is why they don't get greased often enough on most of our sleds.

Premium Features