• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

nytro with 240 mcx safe boost#

D
Mar 3, 2008
I have installed an mcx 240 kit on my 09 nytro, out for first good ride today and what a blast, I am seeing around 15#boost at about 2500 ft, looking for input from others who have this kit as to what they run for boost or what others have found to be safe ,also is there a breakin period for the turbo? when I left the truck in the morning it was around 13# as the day went on it seemed to get more like 15#-16# any input is appreciated.

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
You need to lengthen the wastegate rod so you see 12-13 at your elevation. The 240 kit doesn't have the fuel pump to run 15-16 without going lean.

E

evil1

Aug 7, 2008
fort mcmurray, alberta,canada
i had the 180 kit and just upgraded to the 240,,at 12#'s for 2000 ft i was told was a basic starting point.I didnt run it yet but plan to this weekend in revy. Even with my 180 kit i know running good fuel is key..I was thinking how hard would it be to find a fuel test kit that one could do right at the pump your getting it. I don't know alot about what drag guys use to determine a fuels actual octane ,,but it seems it is very important,,I've heard different views that octane is ussually consistant but some fuels contain additives that are not desirable for our engines,,I.E. ethanol enriched,,those kind of things. Ethanol can absorb moisture and affect a fuels octane. from what i read.
I think that grabbing fuel from one fuel supply to another is a hit and miss on octane. they say they never mix grades in the tanks but i'm sceptical of that and if i could actually know i would certainly like to know. How accurate is a hydrometer test unit?? The nitro fuel pump is definetly on the edge at 240 ,,and the next upgrade for me will be too upgrade that for peice of mind.

Premium Features