• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sled wont start

S
Jan 13, 2019
the other week i was riding my 14 rmk pro 800
towards the end of the day my throttle got frozen over
then i got a check engine light
it drove fine all the way back to the truck

this morning i started it up was in limp mode and the engine light code was 520 194 3

looked into it being the tss took it apart wires were split at the thumb

was going to use my friends tss off the same sled and test it
but now the sled wont even start

not sure what too look into checked everywhere for loose wires unpluged and repluged all wires and put dialetertric grease
i have spark

any input greatly appreciated thanks

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
so it won"t start with your friends TSS? If you havent tried your friends yet, join the 2 wires together that go to your TSS and try that. I believe its when the circuit is broken that your sled wont fire.

S
Jan 13, 2019
so it won"t start with your friends TSS? If you havent tried your friends yet, join the 2 wires together that go to your TSS and try that. I believe its when the circuit is broken that your sled wont fire.
ya, right when i got his tss
plugged it in the sled stoped trying to turn on tried pluging my old one

when i was trying to find the check engine light problem i did unplug the tss wire to see if it would fire up and it did just was still in limp mode

if it sits for a while it almost fires up but dies instantly

should be something simple not sure where els to look as it always fired up

tried new plugs/ clear out the cylinders

i already tried to twist all the wires together still doesnt start
messed with the free play of the throttle didnt help either
checked the fuses

i also bought a tss bypass plug hasnt came in yet but want to delete it as i do not want starting issues out in the mountains
still alot of snow here in the pnw would like to use this sled a few more times before its over

thank you

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
This is for Axis 15 to 17. Not sure if you are the same on the 14.

Attachments

• Axis ignition control.pdf
    229.3 KB · Views: 7

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
This is for Axis 15 to 17. Not sure if you are the same on the 14.

The pro-ride is the same, such that the TSS puts a 2148 ohm load to the ECU when the throttle lever is released, and 6788 ohm when pressed. In either case, throttle on or off, the ECU expects to see a specific voltage from the TSS, determined by the resistance in the circuit. If outside the expected range, it'll throw a code.

It makes sense that you got the error code 520 194 3 (TSS voltage too high) when your wires were split, as they likely shorted together sending full sensor voltage to the ECU. Same would happen when you tried twisting the wires together.

With no TSS in place, or the wires open, the ECU would see no voltage. In that case I'd expect it would throw the error 520 194 4 (voltage too low) and may well cause limp mode as well.

All this to say, the ECU needs to see an expected voltage from the TSS circuit. So, to test I'd unplug the TSS and put a 6.8k ohm resistor in it's place. That's exactly what a TSS bypass is (albeit nicely packaged and weatherproofed with the appropriate plug).

Last edited:
S
Jan 13, 2019
my tss delete switch came in sled still doesnt start it trys but then shuts off right away
any clue on anything els possibly to look at grounds all secure
thanks for all the input!

Premium Features