• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

skis, DS2`s or Grippers??

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello guys I have a well modded 04 Rev Summit X with a ton of mods and suspension changes and weight loss just check out my Signature list, AI 37inch front end, Tmo Rear Skid/ 159 track etc..., Lots of weight loss mods and parts and I have been running a modded set of 6.9 Pilot skis and would like to change to a better sidehilling or boondocking ski Since I can`t afford a set of Mod skis and I have seemed to narrow my search down to a set of DS2Skidoo skis or the Polaris grippers.

and what additional mods over stock are you doing to either of these to add performance or handling characteristics?

So which ski of these 2 would you prefer and why,and how do you think they would benefit my Rev Summit so please mention any ups or down you have all experienced with these skis or comparision between the two.

Thanks You, Wildcard

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
When I put the 36" front end on my 2010 summit I switched to the DS2 skis that are on the newer ski doos. I like how there feels to be a "balance spot" in the ski making it easier to balance on a sidehill, if you goto a dealer pull over one of the xm's and you should be able to "feel" what I'm taking about. They are darty on the trail but that's only for a short time so no biggy there. As far as the Polaris skis I have no experience with those. Another note you have one sick sled!! Hope this helps.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Hello guys I have a well modded 04 Rev Summit X with a ton of mods and suspension changes and weight loss just check out my Signature list, AI 37inch front end, Tmo Rear Skid/ 159 track etc..., Lots of weight loss mods and parts and I have been running a modded set of 6.9 Pilot skis and would like to change to a better sidehilling or boondocking ski Since I can`t afford a set of Mod skis and I have seemed to narrow my search down to a set of DS2Skidoo skis or the Polaris grippers.

and what additional mods over stock are you doing to either of these to add performance or handling characteristics?

So which ski of these 2 would you prefer and why,and how do you think they would benefit my Rev Summit so please mention any ups or down you have all experienced with these skis or comparision between the two.

Thanks You, Wildcard
Ds2 will work good in all round conditions and the heavy Wa. snow,It a user friendly designed ski. The Grippers are performance oriented and will out perform every ski in the powder and still track well on the trail.

Last edited:
Premium Features