• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

98' ski doo mxz 670 h.o.

M
Jan 15, 2009
I had a question about this sled... when you pull the skidoo over It fires right away and stays running good at a normal idle. After waiting the normal time to warm up ( a couple of minutes) when I go to take off while throttle in the engine surges ie; cut In and out like Its a fuel problem. As time goes by letting It idle longer and trying to ride it the surges get bigger until finaly the sled runs like a regular sled. But then If you kill the motor after running good and leave It too long then I have to repeat the whole process over again. a mechanic told me It was the clutch but I know It was just replaced. It seems to me like a fuel problem.. Can anyone help?????

E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
If the tether isn't on all the way you get a 3000rpm limiter. Dosn't sound like your problem though. My 99 Summit X 670 did similar to this and I think I replaced the plug CAPS, as in the part at the end of the wire you put on you sparkplugs. I think they were about $10 for both. Try that and change out your plugs and see what happens. My carbs froze up at the beggining of the year and it made it run really wierd, bogging out, jerking and not wanting to move... Just another thought. Let me know what you find.
I see its your first post. You'l usually get alot of help around here, if you don't get a reply you can "bump" it or "ttt" (to the top) it. But don't do it alot you'l piss people off. ;):)

Last edited:
Premium Features