• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

600 HP Powerstroke 6.4L

jthussey

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Minot, ND Big Sky, MT
just what i was thinkin, next year new engine??? epa crap kils alll

That is so true! The EPA is a bunch of bull! I'm a ford guy thick and thin and think all three make really nice trucks. Why can't ford pass emisions with 6.4? Does the other 2 have to change anything to pass emisions?

N
Feb 16, 2009
tremonton, UTAH
If thats a stock trans ill give it some credit for now but untill i see the truck with my own two eyes and can look at the trans, it wont get full credit. I had a buddy with an 04 dodge and it had every ats part you could put in it but had the stock case so it looked stock. Hard to belive that a stock trans can hold 600 horse. Im sure you can see where im comin from on this.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
If thats a stock trans ill give it some credit for now but untill i see the truck with my own two eyes and can look at the trans, it wont get full credit. I had a buddy with an 04 dodge and it had every ats part you could put in it but had the stock case so it looked stock. Hard to belive that a stock trans can hold 600 horse. Im sure you can see where im comin from on this.

I see where your coming from, talked with the guy a few times and im positive its a stock trans. If anything its hard to believe stock fuel pump can flow that much let alone injectors.

It does suck that this motor will be history, we finally get a good one and they want to switch it out again, at least ford hasnt filed BANKRUPTCY so the future is still lookin good:D

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
I will have this tune soon enough, just waiting to buy a house the the tune is next. But really, what other manufacturer is running 600 hp with stock injectors, pumps, and tranny's and turbos for that matter? These things are powerhouses with stock components, just give the aftermarket time an 1000hp will be on deck soon enough, theres already guys pushing 750 with nitrous and tune only but thats the limits of the stock tranny, which aint bad.

But to say not impressed with that tune, thats silly. the 310 tune is the biggest tune out and can be daily driven, let alone the 275 tune, or the 250 that have been out for over a year now! Dont worry when i get my tunes we will go for a drive and i will let you play follow the leader all day ;)

well it seems to me that you just said there is no one out there making a thousand horse with the 6.4. the cummins was makin that a few months into production. check out cumminsforum.com to see how many dodges are making 600 horse with stock injectors, pumps and turbos. if you want to have a thousand horse truck, its gonna be a cummins, maybe in a ford body, but its a cummins. there im stirring the pot

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
I see where your coming from, talked with the guy a few times and im positive its a stock trans. If anything its hard to believe stock fuel pump can flow that much let alone injectors.

It does suck that this motor will be history, we finally get a good one and they want to switch it out again, at least ford hasnt filed BANKRUPTCY so the future is still lookin good:D

wahahahaha, PS when does anybody ever see a duramax winning anything? Seems theyre just better on paper. Not for workin

F

frog

Feb 16, 2009
MN
well it seems to me that you just said there is no one out there making a thousand horse with the 6.4. the cummins was makin that a few months into production. check out cumminsforum.com to see how many dodges are making 600 horse with stock injectors, pumps and turbos. if you want to have a thousand horse truck, its gonna be a cummins, maybe in a ford body, but its a cummins. there im stirring the pot

I am huge Cummins fan but 600 hp from stock components is not possible. The stock turbo cannnot flow enough air to keep egt's under control when trying to fuel that much power. Stock turbo on a 04.5 and newer 5.9 will be good for about maybe 475hp at the flywheel. The injectors and CP3 are good for some decent power but NO way will the turbo do the job in stock form.

The cummins engine is capable of 1000hp easily with stock internals but the externals need to be upgraded to get there.

There are several d-max's with 1000 plus HP but they are completely built engines (rods, pistons etc.)

I agree that if you want a 1000 hp truck than the Cummins is the way to go cause it is the easiest to get there but all of the new Diesels are capable of that number not just the Cummins.

And by the way, the Cumminsforum sucks HUGE, go to the dieseltruckresource.com for some real info or competition diesel, that's where the HP hangs out.

I have d-max now and once it is broke in and there are no bugs I will start to put some power to it. Nick from duramaxtuner.com is about an hour south of me, he has some very impressive tunes for the D-max through EFI live.

L
Jan 10, 2009
Lewistown, MT
Had Em All

Alright, here it goes...

I have had one of each of these pickups, 6.0, 6.6, 5.9, 7.3 and a buddy with a new 6.4, and I will tell you this, the only one I would even look at for a purchase is a new 6.4. I am currently trying to get rid of a 2007 5.9 with every option and I can't stand it. It will rattle you do death, or the tranny will leave you in the dumps. Bottom line is that the 5.9 is great if they ever put it with a transmission or a pickup worth driving. The duramax is good if they ever put it with a pickup that would hold together for something other than a grocery getter. The Ford finally pulled a motor together that is up to snuff with the tranny they have developed and the pickup they have wrapped around it.

As one last comment to anger the remaining cummins folks, the stock tranny in my NEW pickup under STOCK conditions, has come apart twice!:eek: This is 325hp at the crank! No 4spd tranny from Dodge will ever handle 600hp!

M
Feb 6, 2008
Draper, UT
I am huge Cummins fan but 600 hp from stock components is not possible. The stock turbo cannnot flow enough air to keep egt's under control when trying to fuel that much power. Stock turbo on a 04.5 and newer 5.9 will be good for about maybe 475hp at the flywheel. The injectors and CP3 are good for some decent power but NO way will the turbo do the job in stock form.

The cummins engine is capable of 1000hp easily with stock internals but the externals need to be upgraded to get there.

There are several d-max's with 1000 plus HP but they are completely built engines (rods, pistons etc.)

I agree that if you want a 1000 hp truck than the Cummins is the way to go cause it is the easiest to get there but all of the new Diesels are capable of that number not just the Cummins.

And by the way, the Cumminsforum sucks HUGE, go to the dieseltruckresource.com for some real info or competition diesel, that's where the HP hangs out.

I have d-max now and once it is broke in and there are no bugs I will start to put some power to it. Nick from duramaxtuner.com is about an hour south of me, he has some very impressive tunes for the D-max through EFI live.

Ya, go to DTR if you want a site run by Nazis. You get banned if you even mention Valair clutches. The site is a joke. The REAL high HP hangout is CompetitionDiesel.

M
Feb 6, 2008
Draper, UT
Alright, here it goes...

I have had one of each of these pickups, 6.0, 6.6, 5.9, 7.3 and a buddy with a new 6.4, and I will tell you this, the only one I would even look at for a purchase is a new 6.4. I am currently trying to get rid of a 2007 5.9 with every option and I can't stand it. It will rattle you do death, or the tranny will leave you in the dumps. Bottom line is that the 5.9 is great if they ever put it with a transmission or a pickup worth driving. The duramax is good if they ever put it with a pickup that would hold together for something other than a grocery getter. The Ford finally pulled a motor together that is up to snuff with the tranny they have developed and the pickup they have wrapped around it.

As one last comment to anger the remaining cummins folks, the stock tranny in my NEW pickup under STOCK conditions, has come apart twice!:eek: This is 325hp at the crank! No 4spd tranny from Dodge will ever handle 600hp!

Uhh.. I'll fly the BS flag. you are blowing up your tranny with your engine stock. Maybe some foul play is involved, but I know the 48re is a better tranny than most give it credit for.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Over on dieselgarage.com i asked if anyone with a cummins can make 550+ on stock components and the answer seems to be no, especially not with a stock tranny. Remember when i say 550+ i mean at the rear wheels fellas, not the crank, lol!

F

frog

Feb 16, 2009
MN
And for those who wanted to see a 1000rwhp powerstroke or said it couldnt be done, here ya go!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjfSoc1Y-kw

If I was a hardcore non-believer that vid would do nothing, I can post a dyno graph and a vid with my truck on a dyno and claim whatever I wanted. No pic of under the hood and no exhaust shot (prolly has a exhaust tube on it for the lack of smoke) so no real evidence of the power claimed. It definately spun the dyno up to speed like it has some power.

I prefer the vids though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-n8DWdZVwU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgzdMGSZmpE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dKLKm5i2ic&feature=related

get your hot dogs and marshmellows for the last.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
You guys are funny as hell, i post a video of a sled pull because they said it couldnt be done on a stock tranny and they dont believe it, post a vid of a 1000 hp powerstroke cause they say its never been done, still dont believe it. You guys crack me up!

B

bigbird

Nov 26, 2007
edmonton area
www.rushmotorsports.ca
If I was a hardcore non-believer that vid would do nothing, I can post a dyno graph and a vid with my truck on a dyno and claim whatever I wanted. No pic of under the hood and no exhaust shot (prolly has a exhaust tube on it for the lack of smoke) so no real evidence of the power claimed. It definately spun the dyno up to speed like it has some power.

I prefer the vids though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-n8DWdZVwU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgzdMGSZmpE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dKLKm5i2ic&feature=related

get your hot dogs and marshmellows for the last.

It's a friend of mine's truck. truck runs 124MPH in the 1/4 which is right at 1000hp at 7900 lbs.

F

frog

Feb 16, 2009
MN
You guys are funny as hell, i post a video of a sled pull because they said it couldnt be done on a stock tranny and they dont believe it, post a vid of a 1000 hp powerstroke cause they say its never been done, still dont believe it. You guys crack me up!

It's a friend of mine's truck. truck runs 124MPH in the 1/4 which is right at 1000hp at 7900 lbs.

You guys are a little sensative:rose:

I believe the vid, I was pointing out that the non believers might have a hard time believing it. Sheesh!

Premium Features