• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat Snow Bike

SuperchargedWS6

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2010
Now that's funny. I guess your add-on kit could go the opposite way and be a summer kit. However, that would mean the bike is not optimized to be a snow bike, which is my biggest complaint right now. Build a dedicated snow bike, and don't just make an incremental technology improvement on the track, design the whole bike to run well, handle well, and make good power on the snow. Make a no-compromises snow bike with factory warranty at a competitive price to the dirt bike + track kit cost (or better yet, new mountain snowmobile cost) and you will have a winner.

Anyway, at this point, it is all speculation in what they will actually release. I just hope it is more than what they are hinting at.

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
Here is a 80hp fairly lightweight low octane pump fuel buggy........rode it one quick rip and was sold on the RPM and grunt of the twin. Round 2 will have a full Yeti Carbon kit on it.
Hate away
RS

FZ07 Snowbike 2up.jpg 058.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Here is a 80hp fairly lightweight low octane pump fuel buggy........rode it one quick rip and was sold on the RPM and grunt of the twin. Round 2 will have a full Yeti Carbon kit on it.
Hate away
RS

There was something like that in the swap meet last year that was stated to be WELL over 100hp, if I remember right.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Hate away
RS

No hate Randy, just wondering what the weight is. Has that thing ever tipped the scales before? Would be interested to see what it weighs after you strap on the Yeti. Hang that setup for us!

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Hate away
RS

So that is a F07 Yamaha with a custom fork and exhaust set up for the kit? so 397 wet... How much I wonder with the wheels swapped to the kit?

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Hate away
RS

Very interested in doing one of these. FZ-09 is more ponies, and not much more weight.

Plus these bikes are cheaper than our overpriced dirt bikes.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Very interested in doing one of these. FZ-09 is more ponies, and not much more weight.

Plus these bikes are cheaper than our overpriced dirt bikes.

150 pounds more than using a Dirtbike that is a ton of weight... Going to 9 is basically a nytro engine ... That thing is heavy on a sled;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtrebel

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Bozeman, MT
cvt bike

hey guys, we went down to haydays last weekend and while everybody was at the event a friend of a friend who is an arctic cat employee took a couple of us over to a secret cat r&d facility. He opened the gate for us and took us over behind a random outbuilding and said "the bosses told me to destroy all this stuff by this afternoon, if you want any of it just take it." we said uh o.k and loaded up a few things and hightailed it back to montana! one of them was a 440 arctic cat cvt 2stroke sled engine snowbike! It had been sitting for a while but we got it fired up! Must be some stuff in the works!

https://youtu.be/mvmGuSnJdec

haha! I got it from a friend for a few hundred bucks. Its a legend around these parts! I dont want it but another friend does so im sure I'll get to try it out.

IMG_0056.jpg IMG_0058.jpg IMG_0070.jpg IMG_0111.jpg IMG_0114.jpg IMG_0115.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features