• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My 2018 YZ450/Camso review

K

Ktm300

Oct 25, 2014
Cold lake, AB
So far nothing but smiles from my setup. I’ve got 20hrs on this set up so far, and I’m loving every minute of it. Coming from my 300XC bike in the summer, and my M800 162 with 3” for winter, I had a pretty good idea what to expect, but this bike and snow kit have definitely exceeded my expectations. The ability to thread my way through tight trees on steep slopes has me giggling the whole time. I’m definitely finding that I need to ride more exclusively with just others on snowbikes, as sleds just can’t physically go the same places a snowbike can. As I get more and more comfortable, i’m taking it in places I didn’t even give a second look at on my sled.

The bike runs really strong, very happy with Power. I keep wondering if there’s a bit more with ECU tuning. So far I’m runnning the Hard hitting Loamy map, and it runs really good, with still just a hint of gas in my oil after 5 hour oil change intervals. . I also have a thermo-bob and PST engine blanket installed. Seems to be in the optimum 180 degree area when I do check coolant temp.
I also put in .62 springs with snowbike specific valving from ProAction. Very happy with that setup.
The Camso track continues to impress me. The places it goes is amazing. The Camso suspension leaves a little to be desired on the trail, but performs flawlessly in the powder. On the trail the ski is also a bit darty as other people have described, but I can live with it as off-trail performance is great. I’m Considering swapping to a Yeti ski setup in the future, but we’ll see.
Pretty well the #1 thing I need to do next is get a different seat, as the stock one is pretty hard on the arse after 2-3 days of riding.
Oh, also I did a CR intake, works great. Absolutely zero issues in deep snow. And I added a set of Cycra pro-bend hand guards. Has saved my fingers on all my bikes more times then I can count.

Still curious what other guys are running for #’s on their stock ECU’s, specifically for the 18 YZ, that works really well for them.

K

Ktm300

Oct 25, 2014
Cold lake, AB
The areas where you guys ride out there are just incredible to me. We don't have anything like that out here. It is spectacular.

Yeah I really love riding in BC. I wish it was a bit closer to where I live and work, (Cold lake, AB), but it’s definitely worth the drive to me. These pics were taken in Blue River. Next weekend my brother and I will be Riding in Valemount. If you ever find yourself In this area, I’d be happy to show you around.

D
Nov 22, 2017
Yeah I really love riding in BC. I wish it was a bit closer to where I live and work, (Cold lake, AB), but it’s definitely worth the drive to me. These pics were taken in Blue River. Next weekend my brother and I will be Riding in Valemount. If you ever find yourself In this area, I’d be happy to show you around.

hit me up if you ever make the trek to the Okanagan. Great riding out here too

K

Ktm300

Oct 25, 2014
Cold lake, AB
We got a group of 5 bikes that ride together if you would like to join. Ride mostly Vale and Mcbride. Cheers.

Yeah I’d love to take you up on that actually! My brother and I are heading to valemount this weekend. The snow is supposed to be pretty awesome there right now. Are you from the area ?

A
Jan 15, 2010
Sherwood Park AB
Originally from St.Paul but been in Sherwood Park for quite a while. Our group is mostly from around the city. I've been riding that are for 15 years(since I was 16). I'll pm ya for next trip. Wont make it this week.

K

Ktm300

Oct 25, 2014
Cold lake, AB
Another fun day on the YZ/Camso set up. Worked flawless. Snow was deep. Biggest thing I need to remember is, coming off a 162 sled with 3” and 190ish horse, is to take bike lines not sled lines. ?

C72C93E6-D7A5-4998-9A51-542C7474C5B9.jpeg 0C2A2376-BEF6-44DD-BAFF-4E9526DFF61B.jpg

Premium Features