• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sleds dies intermittently

C
Mar 19, 2011
My XF keeps dying on my intermittently. it will work fine for awhile but then out of the blue it will die like I hit the kill switch. It wont completely stall if I take my hand off the throttle but I have to let the rpms go below 4000 to about 3500 and it will be fine and I can go again, but it keeps doing it at the most inopportune times. Anyone know what maybe going on?

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Mine did the same thing! Open the throttle block, unplug the stupid TSS and your good to go. It's the little connection with black/red wire if I remember it right.
Mine wouldn't go over 4000 rpm and would die. Sometimes it would stay running and go a few meters and then same thing. Unplugged that stupid thing and never had any issues again!

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Dying out

My XF keeps dying on my intermittently. it will work fine for awhile but then out of the blue it will die like I hit the kill switch. It wont completely stall if I take my hand off the throttle but I have to let the rpms go below 4000 to about 3500 and it will be fine and I can go again, but it keeps doing it at the most inopportune times. Anyone know what maybe going on?

Most likely the throttle safety switch, first check is make sure the throttle cable is adjusted properly, if its to loose it will cause the TSS to activate. If that does not help by-pass the switch (unplug it) and try. I don't recommend leaving it bypassed, if you choose to at least install a tether.

Premium Features