• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 850 die at 5k-6k rpm

F
Dec 1, 2021
Canada
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for help to figure out the issues with my sled.

I have a 2017 850 with 3,400 km that die when you give it throttle. It will idle fine and go in reverse without issues, but when you open it to about 5-6k rpm, she will die like I just hit the kill switch. Once it dies, I can start it again right away, and she will idle without issues.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thank you!

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
I agree it sounds fuel related. Enough fuel to idle but any more than that and its running out. Could be the pump or a clogged filter. I'd try the filter first since it's easy and cheap.
How many k on the spark plugs? That could be another cause.

I
Jul 5, 2001
Wix 33095 fuel filter, and NGK ILKR807-93819 and check RAV valves for movement from full closed to full open.... if that dont cure it then yup fuel pump, and check both ground wires by the chain case, big one and the torx bolt on the side of the reed cage ( have to remove the pull cord housing to see behind it for the ECU ground spot )

F
Dec 1, 2021
Canada
Wix 33095 fuel filter, and NGK ILKR807-93819 and check RAV valves for movement from full closed to full open.... if that dont cure it then yup fuel pump, and check both ground wires by the chain case, big one and the torx bolt on the side of the reed cage ( have to remove the pull cord housing to see behind it for the ECU ground spot )
Thanks! I'll take a look at that tonight.

F
Dec 1, 2021
Canada
I agree it sounds fuel related. Enough fuel to idle but any more than that and its running out. Could be the pump or a clogged filter. I'd try the filter first since it's easy and cheap.
How many k on the spark plugs? That could be another cause.
Around 3,400 km on spark plugs. Would it completely die if it was spark plugs or run on one cylinder?

Premium Features