• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

shock upgrade or rebuild/revalve stock X shock

Idahodoo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Pocatello Idaho
www.jcscutomvents.com
okay here's my question I have the alternate impact 36" front end and im looking to get some input on upgrade shocks, I am looking at 16.5" Z Bros triple rate mountain shocks & fox float witj remote reservoirs.

or possibly rebuilding /revalving & shorten to 16.5" the stock X shocks with dual rate springs.

I am leaning towards getting the upgrade shocks, but would like some input from someone that has used the Zbros & fox shocks, I am thinking the fox shocks would be easier to tune on the mountain.

Thanks in advance for your input

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
shocks

I have the same question. Only stock. All I can offer is that I read the a revalve is night and day over a stock shock. I just need a find the right place to work my shocks over. I am not sure that a res. is needed for mountian riding.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Shocks

Yeah me too, I think alot of us are on the fence as what to do with our crappy doo shocks (mine are exta crappy off of an everest). Prob going with zbroz exits x1 all around, have heard nothing but good about them. For $2000 it's a tough decision.

3C Guiding

Dec 9, 2010
Laramie Wy.
We have been riding zbroz for 3 years best shock i have ever road and there is no tuning on the mountain and if you need to its a turn of a nob or changing the springs a little. With the exits we take you riding lbs. and style when you order and build them to ur style. i had a guide sled that had fox evo on it last year and hated every min on them just wanted my sled with exits. Fox you could not go from pow riding to jumping without needing to change air psi. Exit with the tri rate spring on them will let you do this and have no prob at all. There is a lot of ppl that don’t believe this tell they ride them and they will never ride anything but exit after.

I will give a 10% discount on zbroz products to snowest members

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
What do the Exit's cost ready to ride with the triple springs on them? 3C why do nearly all of the shocks only have compression adjuster knobs?

Premium Features