• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 Summit X not hitting 8000 RPM's??

M
Nov 27, 2011
Viborg, SD
okay, I have a 2006 summit X 800. I cant get 8000 RPM's out of it, its not the motor because i just rebuilt the top end with weisco double ring pistons, it runs awesome. I just had it out last weekend in the snowys and we had amazing snow, over the hood snow, but at times i was only hitting 7000 - 7500 RPM's. it has to be in the clutching, changed the clickers and that didnt help at all. so i ordered new springs for the primary and the secondary. any other ideas that could help??

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
okay, I have a 2006 summit X 800. I cant get 8000 RPM's out of it, its not the motor because i just rebuilt the top end with weisco double ring pistons, it runs awesome. I just had it out last weekend in the snowys and we had amazing snow, over the hood snow, but at times i was only hitting 7000 - 7500 RPM's. it has to be in the clutching, changed the clickers and that didnt help at all. so i ordered new springs for the primary and the secondary. any other ideas that could help??

My buddy had the same issue. He changed springs, nothing. Tightened exhaust bolts, nothing. Changed belt, nothing. Had Felker diagnose for two days, nothing. So he took a full primary off someone else's and it ran like a champ. Clutch looked okay to the naked eye but maybe at high RPMs it's just out of balance or warped a bit? Not sure, but that's just my experience.

M
Nov 27, 2011
Viborg, SD
I bought new springs for both the primary and secondary. i also bought new 415 ramps for the primary because the old ones were worn pretty bad on the low end. i also think that my track may have been too tight from when i put my big wheel kit on, so i loosened that also. i'm heading to the big horns this weekend so i hope she runs...maybe i should just snowcheck a '13!! :face-icon-small-hap

S
Nov 27, 2007
Whistler, BC
clean your rave valves
you changed your ramps? change your rollers to
lift the track off the ground and see what rpm's you get (determine if your problem is when the engine is under load)
carbs clean? check your main jet

Premium Features