• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Flashing Green and Blue on the Silber Dobek Fuel controller?

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yes the kit works pretty good. This problem has happened ~4 times in 400 miles. Justin advised me to check the solenoid and lubricate it. He seemed confident in that this will correct the issue. Plus pinching the line and the turning the engine over is probably making a vacuum and forcing the solenoid to move.
And no I'm not taking the hood and panels off in the back country. I have my gauges in the hood, and cold air piping through right hand factory air intake. Don't be a prick

Are you F@#$%ing kidding me??? It's people like you that give every turbo kit builder a bad name. Performance mods, including turbo's, heads, pipes, fuel controllers, big bore's, etc, all require the user to have some basic knowledge of tuning and wrenching. If you are going to modify your sled, you had best be able to turn a wrench now and then. Idiots like you should be riding a stock sled, no if's, and's or but's about it. And to top things off, when one of the people in the know trys to tell you how to fix your problem, you call him a PRICK? LMFAO, good luck getting your sled to run, you freakin toad.

R

R_8_N

Nov 28, 2007
Are you F@#$%ing kidding me??? It's people like you that give every turbo kit builder a bad name. Performance mods, including turbo's, heads, pipes, fuel controllers, big bore's, etc, all require the user to have some basic knowledge of tuning and wrenching. If you are going to modify your sled, you had best be able to turn a wrench now and then. Idiots like you should be riding a stock sled, no if's, and's or but's about it. And to top things off, when one of the people in the know trys to tell you how to fix your problem, you call him a PRICK? LMFAO, good luck getting your sled to run, you freakin toad.

Exactly! Im about to spend Sat. in the mountains tuning a turbo pro with a laptop......

Good post Hobbes!!:rockon:

B
Nov 26, 2007
Also if it's happening when your coming down in elevation without shutting it off for awhile and not idling it at some point ( coming down the mountain on the trail) then you need to shut your sled off and it resets the fuel box. This happens all the time. If I am not mistaken this is because of the stock ecu, not the fuel box.

Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB
You guys are out of line. I have a small problem that I have found a corrective action for. I have talked to Justin and he has acknowledged my fix and gave a suggestion to put some lube in the solenoid. Snow4Shover made ridiculing comments to my willingness to do what he says. He has since apologized.

I have more mechanical ability that you are giving me credit for. I would do exactly what was suggested if I knew it was necessary and after what the builder suggested. I have corrected this problem in 30 seconds without any disassembly of the sled. My apologies to those who want to rebuild a sled on the side the hill. ( I have helped guys re&re an engine on the side of a mountain - good times?) I do not prefer wrenching to riding.

My prick comment was only to call Show4shover on his comments. I don't take kindly to ridiculing. Now you guys ought to tune up your attitudes and exercise a little decency.

Buckshot: I am aware of the elevation change and how it affects the stock ECU. I have very occasionally had a burble that was due to that and after turning off the sled and a quick break it was perfect again. Thanks.

I'd like to put an end to this thread as all useful information has been posted and now it's just unintelligent comments. Thanks for the PM Snow4shover I'll call for a bit more explanation on your testing steps and expected results.

Premium Features