• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HJC helmets

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
M
Nov 26, 2007
What type of HJC helmet's are you using?

I am looking at the Thrust helemt. It is listed as a dirt bike helemt, not a sled helmet.

Wondering if it would be warm enuf,or any input of another type of helemt.

I looked at FLY helemts, but do not care for the color designs.

Thanks

M

MNSLEDNECK56308

Nov 21, 2007
Alex MN
I ride with the HJC AC-X3 Carbon, its not a "snow" helmet persay and its just fine. I use the breather box thing for this helment with no problems, super light, great helmet, but the price wasn't that nice!

Last edited:
Y
I personally ride with a Fox Racing helmet. it's listed as a Motocross helmet as well. I just purchased a nose / mouth "anti fog" guard that slips up in the front mouth area of the helmet like a cup, and it wears great.

Fox's helmets are manufacturerd by KBC Intl. Trust me when I say they're some of the most comfortable helmets for your dollar you could spend.

:beer;:beer;

S
Dec 27, 2007
Aberdeen, SD
My husband has a cl-x4 HJC that he likes. It fits well and is very well constructed. It has a nice interior and came with a breath box that fits nicely. He ordered it from thefullmonte (bobs cycle) on this 4m. I can't remember the price, but he said it was a good helmet for the money.

M
Nov 26, 2007
My husband has a cl-x4 HJC that he likes. It fits well and is very well constructed. It has a nice interior and came with a breath box that fits nicely. He ordered it from thefullmonte (bobs cycle) on this 4m. I can't remember the price, but he said it was a good helmet for the money.

THANKS for the info on Bob's Cycle. Thats a great site with great prices.

best thing i have found for the hjc's is the breath deflector. i have a family full of the clx4's, with optional breath deflector. seems as though regardless of the spec helmet genre, hjc has the deflector to fit. snaps in under the foam padding and covers the nose and mouth. should be listed on the website. the only way to go to inhibit fogging.

R
Dec 5, 2008
Bozeman MT
Mine is a CLX-3SN It is an older one but i use it for dirtbiking and snowmobiling and love it! I have never had any troubles with it being too cold and it is just a dirt helmet.

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
I got a couple HJC helmets, Use them for sledding as well as dirtbiking and 4 wheeling. I like them but thinkin about trying the 509 helmet for sleddin.
dont remember what hjc models i have

K
Feb 8, 2005
Yakima, Wa
Spx

I tried a lot of different helmets of all brands and other than an Arai for like $500 +, it was the best fit for a lot less money. Great face protection for a MX style helmet and I use both Oakley and 509 goggles with no issues. Not to mention it's one of the best looking IMO.
http://www.hjchelmets.com/

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
ACX3 here, both snow and dirt.

The XS/S, M/L, and L/XL are the same shell size, difference between the two is the liners. This will let you mix and match cheek pad sizes and liner sizes to get a better fit. I'm right between M and L, throw in the L liner and it fits better with a balaclava than the M does. Use the M-size liner for dirt when I don't need the balaclava.

Premium Features