• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kurts Polarsis gear down/clutching setup

S
Nov 26, 2013
Just installed the Kurts Polaris gear down kit on 2014 Pro RMK. I also got the new helix and green primary/white secondary springs.

My question is this. In their youtube vid they only change out the secondary spring and it doesn't show changing the primary spring.Does anyone have any experience with this setup? Can i leave the stock weights in or will i need to add/subtract?

What rpm range should i be looking for WOT?

Thanks for the help.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
My buddy did the gear down kit, helix, springs and uses stock weights. Works really good.

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
I did the gear down kit and clutching. I ended up going 2 grams heavier on the weights (60 to 62) with the stock spring, but I'm sure the team green or Slp blue/pink spring would also work. Also, run the helix on the "low" position unless you ride over 10k elevation. By the way, love the kit and clutching. Really wakes the machine up.

COsnow

Lifetime Membership
Jul 17, 2009
Broke the Gates belt first day out - towed in and put the spare on that was in the trailer. Will carry the spare belt from now on.

Premium Features