• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

muff pot

Bluewatertoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
Saskatchewan
Would love to see some info on this as well. After taking out the stock suitcase, there is enough room in there for a small child.:bounce:

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Go for it. Just wrap your food in a steamer ziplock or a slow cooler liner

Sent from my iPhone via magic!

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
Good question. Plan on doing the same on the front of my SLP can but haven't around to it yet.

Any issues with drilling some holes, putting some high temp silicone on steel rivets for attachment?

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
My fuss is I don't want to use the BFHC.

Then drill holes in can and use steel rivets, done that for years...then just weld up the holes when you want to sell:yo: just make sure you use STEEL rivets

J
Nov 20, 2011
Muff pot

I mounted the muff pot on the elbow of the stock pipe with 1 hose clamp just above my slp can. Works great, don't know wrap your food in aluminum foil, use parchment paper. Happy cooking, when your buddies are having clif bars, you can pull out a hot steak sandwich! !!

RyanD121

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2011
Grand Junction, CO
I have mine mounted to my HPS can, I can take some pics if you'd like, but it doesn't seem like it gets hot enough on there. I'm thinking about mounting it on the elbow, seems like more heat coming off there. As for being held on with a hose clamp, no issues so far...

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
I have mine mounted to my HPS can, I can take some pics if you'd like, but it doesn't seem like it gets hot enough on there. I'm thinking about mounting it on the elbow, seems like more heat coming off there. As for being held on with a hose clamp, no issues so far...

My is on the elbow. Flat so no leaks and gets hotter than hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA

Mounting on the can requires you put the food in first thing in the morning. It wont scorch food like on the pipe but it definitely requires in it be heat up for awhile.

J

Joey1

Aug 30, 2010
Thanks for all the response. Could you post some pictures of the elbow mount? I can't seem to get it to fit right.
Thanks, Joe

Premium Features