• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tunnel dents

Steep&DeepRider

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2007
Austin, MN
Tunnel Dents

Yes I have.
My Opionion - warranty. Looks horrible. Brand new snowmobile and it looks like I had studs on it!

Any ideas to remedy?
NapaMatt,
Your in my neck of the woods and riding on what I am riding on. You have this happen?

Steep&DeepRider

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2007
Austin, MN
The middle insert between the two coolers seems to be of softer aluminum on the new pro's vs. the IQ chassis. This is what I believe the issue is.

Steep&DeepRider

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2007
Austin, MN
nice chime in

Tec?
Are you okay? Do you have an attitude problem? I hope you don't go around on every thread and waste time with smart comments. Hope you feel better about yourself.
Did you guys buy this sled to ride it? Or polish it with a diaper? It's a freakin snowmobile, go ride the thing!

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
Tec?
Are you okay? Do you have an attitude problem? I hope you don't go around on every thread and waste time with smart comments. Hope you feel better about yourself.[/QUOTE

I'm just surprised how many guys treat there Pro's like a vintage Ferrari, It's a snowmobile, not a show car! Chit happens when you actually ride them, get over it and have some fun.

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
what i think.. is the resale value .. people are thinkin about...

What u do think when u bought a $12,000 new toy and it has 400 miles on it..

and only worth $9,000 now cause it looks like it has over 10,000 miles on it..

It really shows the wear and tear on the sled..

I lot of people are still paying on them!!

I am not too worried.. it it payed for..

But down the road.. i might sell it.. Don't want to only get scrap for it! lol

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009

x2 not only resale but a quick sale when you see a new one want.

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO

I obviously look at snowmobiling differently! If I ride the snot out of my pro and sell it for $6500 bucks next year with 3000 miles, I've gotten my $4500 of fun out of it. I new the moment I wrote the check for $11,000 for my Pro, that it would be worth half the minute I loaded it on the trailer. That in it self is a great reason not to finance a sled.

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
I obviously look at snowmobiling differently! If I ride the snot out of my pro and sell it for $6500 bucks next year with 3000 miles, I've gotten my $4500 of fun out of it. I new the moment I wrote the check for $11,000 for my Pro, that it would be worth half the minute I loaded it on the trailer. That in it self is a great reason not to finance a sled.

i understand what you are saying, if i dent my sled up i shrug it off, but i like to dent it up not have it crumble under normal wear. i appreciate your attitude on it, "can't put a price on fun" type of deal

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
1st yr. only 500 mi. and 5 dents in the tunnel and not even half way thru the season. End of the yr. 11 dents and 2 more yrs. before the warranty expires. What else will happen in the mean time? Hopefully Polaris will see what is happening and take care of some of these problems? Broken engine mount bolts, Thicken the alum. strip down the middle of the tunnel, replace the carbon F. bumper with std. alum. Not too much to deal with on the 1st yr. machine! Maybe a rubbing wire issue and clutching improvements and a 2 lb. weight gain. You probably have the lightest machine that Pol. will make in that chassis, enjoy it to it's fullest!

Last edited:
Premium Features