• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

speedo won't work properly and idd issues

D
Sep 23, 2010
north of winnipeg
Hi guys.
I have a 2013 pro 800 and the speedo isn't reading correctly. It will read anywhere from 1-5 mph through out a ride. I have tried a new speedo sensor, guage, and even another ecu with no luck. I have checked the wiring and can't find any issues there eighter. Also I got a new polaris interactive display last year and didnt get a chance to use it and when i hooked it up this year it doesnt seem to locate any satellites whatsoever. I even hooked the display with the gps antenna onto another sled and it didn't work on the other sled eigther. The machine was outside and even on an 80 mile ride it isn't locating anything. Of course it's over a year old so there is no warranty and the antenna is over $400 in Canada. Any ideas?

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
I'm having a similar issue. My speedo and odometer is reading slow for some reason... like 5 mph when I'm doing 15. Replaced the speedo pickup sensor and no change.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

T
Dec 14, 2012
SW MN
There was a update from Polaris that was a speedometer offset re-calibration that caused the spedo to be off. If you call into a dealer with your VIN they can look up if that has been done. The sled does have to be plugged into Digital wrench to do the calibration. but it takes a matter of 5 minutes and done.

Last edited:
D
Sep 23, 2010
north of winnipeg
I did not figure it out. I have metered out the 3 wires from the speed sensor to where they go and there are no breaks in the wiring, no rubs anywhere on the harness. The wiring looks brand new. Gps wont find any satellites either and the antenna is over $400 here in Canada So screw putting that kind of money into a gps that's 14 months old and has under 400 miles on it. I guess I have a fancy tach, a tempature guage I can hardly read but atleast the Bluetooth works but I'm not sure that's a good thing lol.

Premium Features