• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boss Seat?

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Looks good. If it was another inch taller I would have one on my Pro but its not:face-icon-small-sad One inch is not enough.
Wonder if Boss would build me a +2 inch taller seat?

I pondered that too at first. Then I got mine and hated to ride my buds stocker after that. Mine just felt that much higher. You have to remember less sit in as well.

I just sold my last years seat and have the new one coming with the YKK waterproof zippers, improved foam formula and non fade fabric.

http://www.gobigparts.com/New-Generation-Boss-Highrise.html

longgold

Premium Member
Nov 9, 2010
Whistler BC.
Skinz seat really caught my eye...I'm 6'3" and I am seriously considering one...would love some feedback if anyone has one?

I
Sep 17, 2008
rocky mountains
The skinz seat was on a sled in the Timbersleds booth in Spokane this weekend, it really looks cool on the Pro ride chassis. The boss seat is really built for comfort. Boss has the storage thing figured out especially this year with better zippers. The Skinz seat is really cool.... i think if comfort sitting isn't what your going for i personally think the Skinz is what i would do. The bag Timbersled had underneath it looked like you could have plenty of storage as well. That's my two bits...Great looking sled Allen

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I just got my 2011 Boss Seat for my RMK. Much more comfortable top foam than last year. The YKK water poof zippers look nice and seem much higher quality than last years.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I just got my 2011 Boss Seat for my RMK. Much more comfortable top foam than last year. The YKK water poof zippers look nice and seem much higher quality than last years.

So far I have 2 weekends on it and it is really comfortable. No issues with storage or zippers so far.

I also sell the WRP Mountain Assualt seats and the Skinz Air Frame seats and underseat storage. Contact us for details.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Well my opinion is different. Got about 200 miles on the new boss seat, very comfortable, fits ok, nice height. The zippers suck, been rubbing them with zipper lube then straight parafin wax and they r still a p i t a. So far pulled off two of the groovy boss tabs and replaced them with split rings and I've been careful working them. And , absolutley not waterproof, not even close. Sorry to be a downer, 3 rd Boss seat and I was reeeaaallllyyy hoping the problems would be addressed.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
I agree the new seat is a piece of s--t. After 2 trips to Revy I have a stuck zipper that I can't open and a seam that has come apart. The other thing that sucks is the ice buildup on the lower 2" of different fabric along the bottom of the seat. In the deep powder it turns to about a 1/2" thick and 2" high strip of ice all the way along the seat. Really gets old with that rubbing on your calves all day. A real pain to keep scraping that off. With all the years boss has been in business you would think they would have a seat that just plain works. Going to try to send the piece of crap back and go with the stock seat. Even if they send me a new one I don't want it. The other thing I shake my head at is how dumb we are to just keep buying their overpriced junk. Lets quit buying this junk and put these clowns out of business...

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
i'm ordering a spg air frame seat. it's 2 inches taller and lighter. no storage but nothing to mess up on it either. that being said i think they are way over priced as well but i guess if you want one you'll pay it. i'm not going to order the bag for it but i hope their zipper is better, i bought a polaris bag on the tunnel good zipper on it.

Premium Features