• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-doo QRS or AC orange driven springs

F

fullshift

May 22, 2009
Brandon,Manitoba Canada
I'm running a AC orange driven spring right now. Has anyone tried the skidoo QRS 231-303 rate or even the Violet 225-303 rate driven springs? If so what differences did the skidoo spring make? I'm shooting for more bottem end with same rpm on top and cooler clutches. I have a 09 1000

Last edited:

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I am using the reverse wound Skidoo secondary spring. It appears to be black in color and is very, very long. It also is a bit smaller in diameter so I had to use a 2 1/4" hole saw to trim down the stock helix hub so it would fit over it nicely.

I am using MDS weights up front and a stock 36 degree helix with this spring and I must say my sled is running so well it's just amazing. The sled pulls very hard. In fact, it's working so well, that the BOSS NOSS nitrous setup I purchased for the sled is going up for sale shortly. I just can't see me ever putting it in the sled.

M
Mar 18, 2011
Manitoba
I'm running a AC orange driven spring right now. Has anyone tried the skidoo QRS 231-303 rate or even the Violet 225-303 rate driven springs? If so what differences did the skidoo spring make? I'm shooting for more bottem end with same rpm on top and cooler clutches. I have a 09 1000
MEL'S FORMULA X-1 secondary set-up. Not a kit, a better workin secondary. Sping is short,everything fits easily and works awsome.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
MEL'S FORMULA X-1 secondary set-up. Not a kit, a better workin secondary. Sping is short,everything fits easily and works awsome.

Been there tried that. I'm using the rev wound Doo spring its called purple/purple but is Blk . I'm also using the old style helix from bdx w rev notch and like the adjustability .

M
Mar 18, 2011
Manitoba
I just started using the x-1 with cutler adj weights, spring, thunder abc bolt. Works great in my 700 . The only thing with x-1 is supposedly doesn't work well with certain types of weight profiles. Have 400miles so far so good, pulls really hard and great backshift. I have never tried rer springs, but have org and adj helix combo to experiment with. When i have my spare sec rebuilt i'll have to try em out. Not a salesman just my experience.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I was weak one day and I ordered a Formula X-1 secondary kit but, they were out of stock for quite a while. While I was waiting for a month, I rode my sled a couple more times with the Skidoo secondary spring installed and thought, how can it get much better than this. So when I was called to make sure I still wanted the secondary kit, I respectfully declined and stuck with the purple/purple spring.

I would still like to try the X-1 but, I saved $300 and I still have a darn good backshift. I'm happy.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Search secondary spring alternative , or something like that

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
part number on ski soo spring

looked for the ski doo spring in their parts fische, can't find for sure,

anyone with part number, like to try the purple purple.

Premium Features