• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ALL NEW Electro-Boost to debut at the Puyallup Snow Show 10%+ gain!!!

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
It was the one at the show show. What everyone saw at the shows was a prototype. I know Taz wants the next viewing to be the production model. It is what it is.

The charge is just under 2 psi. Running 2 or 3 inline is possible with the right source of electricity.

T

Trinity Taz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Latest News:
In testing yesterday on 1000 ft runs on 8'' of snow, we consistently recorded an average of 200ths of a second faster with Electro-boost than bone stock configuration on an 09 XPX 163 800R, (same clutching and jetting in the same air temp on the same track conditions). These tests were conducted using the "near-final" configuration with a single-fan. We will conduct more testing in the next few days using the dual-fan configuration to determine the ET Improvement over both stock and single-fan setups.

Currently awaiting:
The final vent mockups and the custom Poly Lithium-Ion battery for testing.
Upon successful testing of these two items, we will move towards another dyno run, results of which will be posted for all to see.

Thanks all for your patience:face-icon-small-hap

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Latest News:
In testing yesterday on 1000 ft runs on 8'' of snow, we consistently recorded an average of 200ths of a second faster with Electro-boost than bone stock configuration on an 09 XPX 163 800R, (same clutching and jetting in the same air temp on the same track conditions). These tests were conducted using the "near-final" configuration with a single-fan. We will conduct more testing in the next few days using the dual-fan configuration to determine the ET Improvement over both stock and single-fan setups.

Currently awaiting:
The final vent mockups and the custom Poly Lithium-Ion battery for testing.
Upon successful testing of these two items, we will move towards another dyno run, results of which will be posted for all to see.

Thanks all for your patience:face-icon-small-hap

200ths? Is that .02 seconds? Or do you mean 2/10ths?

T

Trinity Taz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
2/10ths, or more exactly .230 of a second faster. Also, we noticed that the distance of spin @ takeoff was substantially longer (10%) on the Electro-boost runs, indicating a more powerful takeoff. Just for kicks, we raced my 154 against the stock 163 and they ran side by side with similar weight riders. When we raced again after installing the Electro-boost, the 163 would holeshot the 154 by 25-30 feet every time, after which it could not pull away from the 154 any further distance. This indicates that the gains we are seeing on terra firma are more midrange than top end. It might also indicate a slight momentary lean condition which might be corrected by the installation of a power jet assembly which activates simultaneously with the Electro-Boost. It was also reinforced that the Electro-Boost indeed does not inhibit airflow during non-boosted runs.

More testing tomorrow, only I gotta compensate for a little more body weight after today:)...

Last edited:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
I would keep the performance increases in MPH, sled lengths, track speed...2/10ths to the mountain crowd means very little...a flatlander (like moi- lol) gets it...

as for top speed...a 163 with 21/49 gearing should/could holeshot the 154 (21/45) but the 154 has more mph top end due to gearing and less track...so if your Eboosted 163 beat a 154 start to finnish thats solid-IMHO-BJ...BJ

C
One would think that maybe a video of two identicle track lenght and gearing XP's one with E-Boost the other without show the two sleds climbing a powdery hill would be a good thing.....

If that E-Boosterd sled pulled the stocker by 5-6 sled lenghts up the hill consistantly and customers who bought the unit saw the same gains without any meltdowns or issues?

Soon as somebody like Big John gets hands on one installs and throughly tests the thing and pronounces it fit for duty....

A guy could sure sell lots of E-Boosters.:cool:

Until then the $1995.00 for an SHR 860 that seems to outlast, outsurvive and out pull a stocker in every scenario, will continue to be at the top of my "Go Fast" list!

P

prairiepowderhead

Sep 1, 2008
Prairie
Honest Opinion

Hello every body, Well I thought it might be time to tune in to this thread for a little support to a fellow rider. I have ran , ran against , and ran with the EBoost system quite a bit, Taz installed one on my Rt 2 winters ago, I have riden it in pretty much every condition the winter has to offer, I cannot look back on any experience I had with it that I could complain about, Where I was most impressed was in real deep powder days my sled had a little extra grunt that the stockers didn't have, and the most excited I got was a ride at the end of may last year when we rode in the white clouds at 10 to 12 thousand ft, when you cant clutch the elevation out to get your RPM's , when every one else is reving 7600 , 7700, my rt was at a solid 8100 over the top of every climb. Thats when everyone on the ride including myself was very impressed. the only hick-up i have encountered with this product was a blown fuse after a two year period of pounding this thing into the ground week after week. I will have alot of fun this year on my XP showing all the non believers just what kind of a product this is, Thanks Taz for the last 2 years of a little extra grunt and looking forward to many more. Jared

A

APEX320

Mar 3, 2009
ALBERTA
Hello every body, Well I thought it might be time to tune in to this thread for a little support to a fellow rider. I have ran , ran against , and ran with the EBoost system quite a bit, Taz installed one on my Rt 2 winters ago, I have riden it in pretty much every condition the winter has to offer, I cannot look back on any experience I had with it that I could complain about, Where I was most impressed was in real deep powder days my sled had a little extra grunt that the stockers didn't have, and the most excited I got was a ride at the end of may last year when we rode in the white clouds at 10 to 12 thousand ft, when you cant clutch the elevation out to get your RPM's , when every one else is reving 7600 , 7700, my rt was at a solid 8100 over the top of every climb. Thats when everyone on the ride including myself was very impressed. the only hick-up i have encountered with this product was a blown fuse after a two year period of pounding this thing into the ground week after week. I will have alot of fun this year on my XP showing all the non believers just what kind of a product this is, Thanks Taz for the last 2 years of a little extra grunt and looking forward to many more. Jared

Ok how about some pictures. Video? Thanks!

B
Nov 26, 2007
Moxee WA
I'm a bit of a skeptic, blowing free air is one thing, but moving air to create boost is another. If this were indeed providing that much more power by blowing in more air, wouldnt it need more fuel? It's my opinion that after working on many motors that it takes much more than simply hooking an electric fan to the intake to make significant power. I wont bash the product, but would be interested in seeing some REAL proof, ie. dyno results.

O
Dec 2, 2007
Black Hills
This just gets beat like a dead horse over and over...
Blowers do not work on 2 strokes at anything over 5-7 psi.. ..

These electric compressors have been around and peddled for 20 years..

Where's the dyno data ?
at best 10% thats 12 hp for 1700$$ +

gus

Maybe the real performance gain is in the "decals" as is the case with most of this stuff.

T

Trinity Taz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The single-fan Electro-boost will be $695 and will run with a normal $60battery, the dual Electro-boost will be just over a grand and MAY REQUIRE an alternative battery, testing will tell.
The DPEM compensates for the fuel needs as long as the Electro-boost is used above 1800 ft elevation. Below that, you will have to add a power jet with about a #20 mikuni jet.
(Thanks Jared for chiming in! :)
Now, if it would just stop raining I could get to some more testing...

S
Oct 21, 2004
Puyallup, WA
How much HP does it take to recharge the battery? Even if it does produce more energy there is no free lunch, the claimed power would have to come from somewhere.....
still waiting on those elusive dyno sheets.....and how much of a gain does just the decals make?

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Looked @ the unit at the Edmonton show this weekend. It did move alot of air. Time will tell. It was just sitting on a table, connected to a battery & switch, next to literature which was posted here already. Asked Ken @ Specialty a question on it, he pointed to the stack of paper & said "it's all right there". Typical Specialty response. When launching a new product, having the proper people in place is important! Shook my head & went down to Mountain Magic to drop the cash there...

Haha.........old fat cat Ken was probably just licking his lips at all the unsuspecting idiots ready to line his pockets.

Not bashing Ken at all. If I needed someone to charge me a ridiculous amount to powdercoat my running boards, and bolt someone elses aftermarket parts on to my sled...........he would be my first choice. ;)

Premium Features