• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 SILVERADO.... VIDEO.... COOL NEW FEATURES AND AN INLINE 6 DIESEL

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Nice looking truck...

I'll need to make a lot more money to buy one though.:face-icon-small-dis

What else is new??

<iframe width="940" height="529" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p3mH9ybMrs4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Nice updates, I'm assuming they apply to the HD line as well as this seemed to talk about their 1500 line.

Funny how they have been knocking Ford so hard in the commercials for aluminum in their trucks, only to now brag about applying light weight aluminum in all hinged panel areas. I bet in the next couple years they'll have aluminum throughout. Maybe they'll get everything I like about my Ford on their trucks by 2022 when I am ready to buy another.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Who owes money? Forbes said this in 2012:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joannm...y-the-answer-might-surprise-you/#1310adc46735

Automakers' Report Card: Who Still Owes Taxpayers Money? The Answer Might Surprise You

Joann Muller , FORBES STAFF
I write about industrial innovation and the global auto industry

Ford's 2013 C-Max hybrid is one of many new fuel-efficient offerings

It’s been three years since General Motors and Chrysler filed for bankruptcy, but with the political season in full swing, the two presidential candidates have put the auto industry bailouts back in the public eye, at least through the November election. Yet there’s only one Detroit automaker still in hock to U.S. taxpayers and – guess what? – it’s not GM or Chrysler.

Ford Motor owes the government $5.9 billion it borrowed in June 2009, the same month GM filed for bankruptcy. By Sept. 15, Ford needs to start paying that money back. In a government filing, the carmaker said $577 million is due within the next year, and the full amount must be paid off by June 15, 2022.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
So the blue oval got bribed by Obama with cheap money they still owe to shut down two truck plants, and convert to green little sedans for metrosexuals. How does that help their SD trucks?

At least the SD's are good trucks again. Lots of electric wizardry, gadgetry, and money. Ram and GM might not lead in innovation, but also build some fine trucks which can be had alittle cheaper, too. Like sleds now, the wrong truck is for you is the wrong model, not the wrong brand. That could change again. And the EPA will likely screw it up more sometime in the future. Having actually just bought a brand new HD truck after looking at all three, all of them are good, and all of them are held back from being great by the EPA reqs. Best bet if you don't need high reliability and warranty on long hauls, and just use it locally - get a good used HD and delete it. Any brand.

Aug 20, 2013
North Dakota
Who owes money? Forbes said this in 2012:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joannm...y-the-answer-might-surprise-you/#1310adc46735

Automakers' Report Card: Who Still Owes Taxpayers Money? The Answer Might Surprise You

Joann Muller , FORBES STAFF
I write about industrial innovation and the global auto industry

Ford's 2013 C-Max hybrid is one of many new fuel-efficient offerings

It’s been three years since General Motors and Chrysler filed for bankruptcy, but with the political season in full swing, the two presidential candidates have put the auto industry bailouts back in the public eye, at least through the November election. Yet there’s only one Detroit automaker still in hock to U.S. taxpayers and – guess what? – it’s not GM or Chrysler.

Ford Motor owes the government $5.9 billion it borrowed in June 2009, the same month GM filed for bankruptcy. By Sept. 15, Ford needs to start paying that money back. In a government filing, the carmaker said $577 million is due within the next year, and the full amount must be paid off by June 15, 2022.

Not many people know about this one. Its a shame this never got the attention that the GM and Chrysler bailout did.

From what I have read they tried to hide it as a loan for upgrading their production lines to ecofriendly cars, which the Obama administration was calling for, but was never used in this manner. Instead they used to keep their current production lines afloat.

A

ak ryda

Nov 26, 2007
Really good to see gm moving away from the squared wheel wells.

The Trailboss is a good looking truck, and that 6.2L is a beast. Happy to see they are finally getting proximity entry / push button start on $60k vehicles. Was disappointed that they still have the column shifter.

The new Ram is interesting as well with the AMAZING interior and 12” infotainment. Along with the added hybrid 120 foot pounds of torque. Very curious how it will work with their start/stop and it’s impact on acceleration and fuel mileage.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Am I missing something with the line about being able to put a full sheet of plywood in the box? Did they make a light duty truck with a narrow tailgate opening before? My f-150 stepside still has a 48" wide rear box opening.

J
Mar 10, 2017
Eastern Idaho
Taxpayers haven't got all their money back. Look at the whole equation.

Privatizing profits and socializing losses refers to the practice of treating firms' earnings as the rightful property of their shareholders, while treating losses as a responsibility that society as a whole must shoulder, for example through taxpayer-funded subsidies or bailouts.

May you live in interesting times.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
IDK, I guess I just can't get on the 1/2-ton diesel bandwagon ... I was really hoping GM would follow suit with a turbocharged gas motor like Ford did with the Ecoboost V6 instead of the diesel thing .... but do it with the 6.2L V8 gas motor and put it in the 2500 and 3500 trucks :)

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
IDK, I guess I just can't get on the 1/2-ton diesel bandwagon ... I was really hoping GM would follow suit with a turbocharged gas motor like Ford did with the Ecoboost V6 instead of the diesel thing .... but do it with the 6.2L V8 gas motor and put it in the 2500 and 3500 trucks :)

I agree with this 100%!

I just don't understand it.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT

I'm guessing they are trying to crack the 30mpg barrier and still have an overly capable light truck. Diesel seems to be the best option for that goal. Everyone wants a truck that performs like a car when it's not loaded, but still tow 12,000lb.

snowdog484

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Winsted, MN
Nice concept but I want nothing to do 1/2 ton diesel for now. My work trucks are diesel and they are spendy to maintain. I like my gasser for an everyday day driver.
I wonder how the 1/2 ton diesel would start when you are on Lake of the Woods for a few days at -31 air temps?

Premium Features