• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

killing a 92 phazer

R
Dec 5, 2007
shuswap
My killswitch or main switch doesn't work. The killswitch is in good shape and
the wiring as far as I could see(most obvious areas) looks good. The key has 5 wires coming off of it and going to a quick connector. Only 4 wires continue
on. The brown one ends at the coupler. Is this my problem or is it still a ground issue, and where abouts does it ground?

it would appear as though you have a grounding issue. any solid black wire should lead to ground. some of the grounds terminate on the steering hoop(the round tube thats above and in front of the tank that all the plastic shrouding attaches to. pick any screw on this and run a jumper wire from the engine side of the main switch connector and see if things wont start working. if you have a scotchlock type wire connector, this is the easiest way to connect. or, find the main harness plug from the mag, it should have a black/white, black/ yellow, and then straight to the frame for ground. check that as well.

Premium Features