• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C-tec 2 pump gas turbo

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
100 miles on supercharged Alpha, zero, lag, zero bog, zero race fuel. Actually runs crisper than stock. No more turbos for this guy.

Hey, I'm with you on that. I have a pro sitting in my trailer, that I sold for my main riding buddy, that has one on it so I have rode them a bunch. It is the incredible bottom end that makes it. A turbo isn't close imo. I have a silber 850 that is really good on the bottom. Best I ever had but not a supercharger. The only problem is the price tag. So I'm not willing to settle with a little bog either. will have to see if they come out with a new tune. Both silber and boondockers are doing it.

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
I have a silber 850 that is really good on the bottom. Best I ever had but not a supercharger

Is your 850 a doo or poo? my buddies doo is pretty slow to spool on the bottom.

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I have a silber 850 that is really good on the bottom. Best I ever had but not a supercharger

Is your 850 a doo or poo? my buddies doo is pretty slow to spool on the bottom.

My 850 is a 18 doo with 5 pound spring. Bottom end is great. Has never begged or twitched. Needs venting badly. Gave it to my wife and I got the alpha.

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
My 850 is a 18 doo with 5 pound spring. Bottom end is great. Has never begged or twitched. Needs venting badly. Gave it to my wife and I got the alpha.

He has the 7 pound spring and it's bottom end has noticeable lag. It's probably clutching for the higher boast that's making it slow out the bottom. I told him turn it down and pull some weight would help. Maybe even changing his weight around in his adjustable weights would help. His is a 19

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
New Silber tune available as of yesterday for the Cat. Supposed to eliminate that bottom end bog.

That’s great! Quick question can a dealer reflash the ecu from the plug by the oil tank? Or do I need to disassemble down to the ecu box & bring in?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
New Silber tune available as of yesterday for the Cat. Supposed to eliminate that bottom end bog.

I’m currently installing my Silber on my cat. Going to flash the ECU today. Guess I’ll see if it bogs. Have buddy who has had his Silber kit on for a couple weeks. Says there is occasionally a very slight off idle hesitation/bog. So we’ll see if my tune is different

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
I’m currently installing my Silber on my cat. Going to flash the ECU today. Guess I’ll see if it bogs. Have buddy who has had his Silber kit on for a couple weeks. Says there is occasionally a very slight off idle hesitation/bog. So we’ll see if my tune is different

Is his an 18 or 19? Sounds like the new 18 tune isn't quite ready. Hopefully by the end of the week.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
When I first set up my Silber alpha had 78 grams in the clutch and only getting 8100 rpm at 10,000ft. It ran pretty good. Took a 4 gram weight out and spinning close to 8500 rpm now. You would not believe how much more power it makes at the higher rpm. My axys sidekick was the sane last year, once I got it to 8400rpm it was a whole new animal. I only have one ride on the Silber slpha, still playing with clutching.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
What are you guys running for engine temps with the silber turbos? Trail? And pow riding temps?
Also does anyone have the new ecu reflash?

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Fix the high idle fix the low lean condition but now it's pretty fat. Also fix the power valves being chalk and ready on restart so now it's a one pull instead of two. I did have a miss or hesitation between 55 and 6000 also was getting p0117 code halfway through the day. Don't know it it was related but it was at the same time as the flash. Got it to bog but you had to try harder to make it happen. was about 40% race gas at 6 psi.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Fix the high idle fix the low lean condition but now it's pretty fat. Also fix the power valves being chalk and ready on restart so now it's a one pull instead of two. I did have a miss or hesitation between 55 and 6000 also was getting p0117 code halfway through the day. Don't know it it was related but it was at the same time as the flash. Got it to bog but you had to try harder to make it happen. was about 40% race gas at 6 psi.

That doesn’t sound much better.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
the 850 doo in our group with the silber turbo is spot on. the cat seems like an after project for silber. I know they are working on it as the map from 18 to 19 provided a bit more of a challenge so a bit of map learning is in the mix.

Premium Features