• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pictures of the M8 2009

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
I started out the day on an 09 M1000, rode the 09 M8 pump gas turbo, and ended the day on a stock 09 M8

CLP_8824.jpg

For the 24th of April it was incredible!!! the new cats are just sweeet! I really liked the telescoping steering post, it is pretty cool and very easy to adjust with one hand on the move, I have heard there will be a retrofit kit to put it on the older Ms. It was really nice to be able to drop the bars down to get my hands out of the wind.

The 09 M8 pump gas turbo was running 6 lbs of boost, it was sooo smoooth, totally rideable, and a killer boondocker with hardly any lag, if I had the dough I would have an M8 pump gas turbo, he didn't touch that thing once. It was a blast to ride! funnest turbo I have ridden..

The tunnel on the 09 is alot shorter than the older Ms, he said the 09 162 tunnel is actually shorter than the earlier 153 M tunnels, (the pic above is a 162) the new track works really well, I may have to upgrade, I bet it will still be slick coming down hill, but not as bad as the A20, they have a really cool under the hood goggle bag for 09, first time riding a sled with the fox floats! I will have to get me a set. I could feel a little bit of a weight difference from my 07 M1000 to the 09 M1000, but it still felt nose heavy compared to the M8

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
The track works incredible on down hill runs. I came down a shoot, (very tracked up, spring snow) and I swear I could have stopped on the way down. A big improvement in downhill braking over anything I have ridden.

Great pics, we didn't stop and take pics only got to ride for a couple of hours, but I agree that they work excellent. I think Arctic cat has built a very competitive product for 09.

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
What turbo kit was it? An OVS Pure Logic Turbo? If so is it for sale and when can I pick it up? That's the exact sled I want to upgrade from my '07 M1000. I'm liking what I'm hearing since I am thinking of making the move to the 162" track, mainly if it's the M8 Turbo. Those pics are to die for, time of year and new sleds to test, boosted to boot! I definitely climaxed and still climaxing it's that good! LOL :eek:

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
It was a Boondocker turbo kit, if I was to do one I would have kevin at Mountain Magic do it. located in Preston Idaho

B
arcticcat has a new slogan if you fellow cat riders havent heeard.... ''Got new Decal?'' lol

The rear in has been changing the last three years. The 09's were quite a change with the new track and the inside wheels.

I found it easy to tip over on firm snow. The ajustable handle bar riser was well done.

Here is my thought. I would try to get a good deal on a 07 rollover and buy a boss seat, CPC snow cleats, (the 07's didn't have snow eleminators) SLP can, atleast a 2" riser and call it good.

They must have used light weight stickers...The sled is about 20lbs lighter than 07's

The other option is turbo it!

Bart

B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
arcticcat has a new slogan if you fellow cat riders havent heeard.... ''Got new Decal?'' lol

actually, Cat is the only one who changed things for 2009

Doo- offering different colors hopefully with the much needed updates done.

Poo- sticker changes

Yammi- sticker changes

Cat- electronic reverse, different diamond drive (older stronger style)
- adjustable height handlebars
- different rails and outer wheel delete
- Powderclaw track.
- snow check option of Boss seat.

nice to see Cat trying to improve on arguably the best 2 stroke sled on the market.
I also hear the M8 for 2009 is 30lbs lighter than the D8! is this true?

all FYI

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Cat- electronic reverse, different diamond drive (older stronger style)
- adjustable height handlebars
- different rails and outer wheel delete
- Powderclaw track.
- snow check option of Boss seat.

I believe it's the same diamond drive case just without the extra gears inside the housing. That's why the Powderclaw track will fit '07's and up as well. I like the track and the Engine Reverse, those are my reasons to upgrade to a leftover '09 at the end of next season, the adjustable handlebars are an added touch as well. Otherwise I'd just change the track out, I have the rest. I think a Boss seat is useless without the shovel pouch, so I'll take it, and sell it on ebay to get more than my money back if I had it. There's just no way you can gain the 10lb loss the Engine Reverse gives you. I priced it out and it's worth the move only if I pick up a leftover, I refuse to pay Canadian prices and new year model introductory prices as well.

M

M-niner

Nov 27, 2007
Black Hills, SD
I believe it's the same diamond drive case just without the extra gears inside the housing. That's why the Powderclaw track will fit '07's and up as well. I like the track and the Engine Reverse, those are my reasons to upgrade to a leftover '09 at the end of next season, the adjustable handlebars are an added touch as well. Otherwise I'd just change the track out, I have the rest. I think a Boss seat is useless without the shovel pouch, so I'll take it, and sell it on ebay to get more than my money back if I had it. There's just no way you can gain the 10lb loss the Engine Reverse gives you. I priced it out and it's worth the move only if I pick up a leftover, I refuse to pay Canadian prices and new year model introductory prices as well.

Do you know if the new track will work on an 06 M7 162 3.0 pitch? If not, I better get my track off the swapmeet!:confused:

Premium Features