• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2002 Summit 800 Exhaust

W
Jan 13, 2008
Hey guys,

Im looking for an exhaust pipe for a 2002 Summit X 800. My stock pipe is starting to fall apart. The tin that covers the pipe is cracked and broken and is falling off. I have tried several methods for keeping the tin on but have not succeeded.

I am curious is anyone knows of a place that does ceramic coating. I am also curious if anyone knows of any aftermarket pipes that come ceramic coated. Lastly.....if anyone has any suggestions for keeping the tin on I'm all ears.

Thanks

W
Jan 11, 2009
Bend
Hey guys,

Im looking for an exhaust pipe for a 2002 Summit X 800. My stock pipe is starting to fall apart. The tin that covers the pipe is cracked and broken and is falling off. I have tried several methods for keeping the tin on but have not succeeded.

I am curious is anyone knows of a place that does ceramic coating. I am also curious if anyone knows of any aftermarket pipes that come ceramic coated. Lastly.....if anyone has any suggestions for keeping the tin on I'm all ears.

Thanks

Where are you located? I have an aftermarket can off an 03 800. I believe it is ceramic coated.

BeeDoo

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
UT
Hey guys,

Thanks

By "tin" I assume you mean the aluminum heat shield. Eventually they do crack and fall off. They really don't do all that much. The pipe alone isn't going to melt the hood (in fact, on the summits, the hood has the same material on it).

This is just my .02 but I'd argue that getting it powder-coated will make it look cool, but really doesn't serve much in the way of functionality.

Of course, if your actual pipe is starting to crack - then you better get it replaced.

Premium Features