• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pic of linderman m1000 motor mount.

J

JPM

Nov 30, 2007
Alberta
Great idea, BUT Thats flat out ridiculous pricing, for a $30 part. You could buy the STM rubber mount and have a fab shop build the rest of it for less. Getting real sick of the price on these mounts going up to an unreasonable price. I'll build my own. AC needs to shove this up there arse, When you buy a sled for $12000 and you have to put $500 of extra parts so it saves you money when buying belts, it should be a recall instead we have recalls on chit that doesn't make any sense half the time. Thanks for the info though.

Everthing you buy nowadays seems rediculous but like other people are saying going to a fab shop and asking to have a one off part built will cost you at least 3 hours at their labour rate, add in the rubber mount and some profit i would think you are in the same ballpark. then again if you want a production run then you pay setup cost so is people in north america worked for third world wages it could be done but we all expect to make a decent wage to pay for the products made by others making a simaler fair wage.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Just my rant, If you guys buy them I'm not complaining, more complaints about AC not doing it right than anything.

I will build my own, for a lot less.

I have 2 torque stops installed and 2 torque arms installed on the bottom of the motor, cost me about $215 for 4 mounts and about 1hr time to build the bracket and install for bottom mounts. Yes I would charge a lot to do it for someone else, so no fault to linderman, I get it. Still think it could be done for $100.00 and be profitable.

Last edited:
B
Jan 3, 2011
sask
www.youtube.com
after reading this i know i have a ton of work to do to my 1000 as i have the extra motor mount and torque bumper but where r u guys adding the torque arms as if i am going to do this i am doing it all at once and i have a few old clutch side motor mounts and i will build a mount for above the recoil by bending cutting and drilling a few holes and press in a 30 dollar part cost will be 30 bucks and 10 mins on the plasma but i would great to have this torque monster to work properly i was even getting to the point of building a bottom plate to mount some old style mounts so the other mounts dont have to hold the weight and torque as bad,i was going to upgrade to a m8 but i tried one and not near the torque so i will be putting cash into this one instead ordered gears 57/63 have bmp secondary conversion next it is mounts then pipe y and power commander is there anything i am missing ? i also have 2 m7 i ride with that have motor mounts problems

O
Dec 1, 2008
Bozeman, MT
You guys spend 12k on a sled and are too cheap to buy a high quality product? Wow...

You can't buy the insert for $30, machine the mount, and press it together for $100 and have it be worth your time.

Sleds cost to ride. They are disposable income by the nature of their use. I never cease to be amazed by how people clamor over useless billet **** but balk at something useful because they have an angle grinder, some left over steel, and a cordless drill and "can build it themselves for $40"

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
If I wanted I could get a friend to cnc one for little to nothing,

I've been fabing stuff for all kinds of stuff for 18 years. AC doesn't even charge that for there mounts. If it where $140 I would think about it but $250 is insane when you can add other mounts cheaper.
I build custom hot rods, maybe you should think twice before you tell me what it takes.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
time = $$$

arctic cats back motor mount is backordered for a month. I bought and sold 6 sets today all he had left today. If you blow a belt ever third ride or even thee a year it will pay for its self in a year.

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
hey if guys want to build their own stuff, go hard, all the power to ya. i just threw this out there to all who havent seen this mount or would be interested in getting one for their m1 or m8. for $180 and a nice fabbed piece... easy quick install. worth to me. and this is going to help forsure keep engine from moving excessively and hopefully prolong the other mounts.

R

Ride_The_Rockies

Jun 19, 2002
Utah
You guys spend 12k on a sled and are too cheap to buy a high quality product? Wow...

What upsets me is after paying 12K on a sled you shouldn't have to spend an additional $180.00 for mounts, $60.00 for bearings and the list goes on just to get your sled to run reliable like it should the day you pick it up. What is sad is snowmobilers are getting to the point where they expect to have to fix things when they get a new sled it doesn’t matter what the manufacture is. When there is an issue like the DD bearing failure or motor mount problems that 75% of the sleds have we as consumers should demand the manufactures step up and take care of the problem instead of us shelling out the time and money and fixing it ourselves.

Last edited:

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
that nailed it on the head.i expect to buy a sled and run fine with obvious maintance.the truth IT SHOULD RUN RIGHT FROM THE FACTORY hello McFly.i really beieve that.im a big fan of the m sled ive owned 7 of them but it should not blow belts.i had a belt blowing 1000 now ive got a boosted 800 id never go back.cat should have come out with that mount and sent one to every customer free of charge.but Bent was smart enough to build it and if i owned a 1000 id buy one.it is the same as buying 2 060 belts and remember folks.its canaidian dollars rant over lol :face-icon-small-ton i hope the manufacture reads this and listens to the people

Last edited:
K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
its going to be the same price. US dollar suckin' azz. our money is worth the same.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I agree, but why do sleds cost so much more up there. By the way 180 is to much but more reasonable, back to 140 rant. I can see why the m8 cost more as the motor is farther away form bulk head and requires more aluminum.

O
Dec 1, 2008
Bozeman, MT
If I wanted I could get a friend to cnc one for little to nothing,

I've been fabing stuff for all kinds of stuff for 18 years. AC doesn't even charge that for there mounts. If it where $140 I would think about it but $250 is insane when you can add other mounts cheaper.
I build custom hot rods, maybe you should think twice before you tell me what it takes.

Congratulations. Want a cookie? You think you're the only one who can build one for free or the only one that builds "custom hot rods"? ;)

Great job missing the point....

R

Ride_The_Rockies

Jun 19, 2002
Utah
Linderman is charging $180.00 for the mount, hey his design great product he deserves what he can get. Looking at it from a business side wouldn’t it be better for him to charge say $120.00 for it and sell 1000 of them instead of selling 100 of them for $180.00. He would end up making a lot more money in the long run. Just my .02

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Congratulations. Want a cookie? You think you're the only one who can build one for free or the only one that builds "custom hot rods"? ;)

Great job missing the point....

You made a point of spending lots of money for a sled but not on the parts to make it work better, Good point, not what I argued

Then you went on to say people buy billet chit but complain about the price of stuff that helps performance- my sleds are basic and functional, thats it no fancy stuff.

Then you said anyone with a grinder and blah blah whatever thinks they can build one and make it worth there time, basically you saying it is worth it to buy it, I dont disagree with that either. Since I was the only one stating I would build my own, I take it you directed the statement at me. For some it may not be worth there time and agree. But for me it makes no different so I'm saying be careful who your talking to. In respect to it not being worth my time I have already installed two torque arms to the bottom of the motor and 2 torque stops on the front right. I dont think I even need more than that and if I do I will build the other mount when I am good and ready to or if can buy one for less than $140 I will.

NOW GIVE ME MY COOKIE.

Did I miss your point or did you miss mine.:popcorn::bathbaby:

Last edited:
H

homeycat

Dec 6, 2007
sled has a little more vibration at a idle in the foot well but very happy with it so far. i think i finally have my belt problem fixed!

Premium Features