• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

To repair or replace chassi ?

C

crooklyn

Aug 27, 2009
Prince George, BC
Well a buddy borrowed my sled today (his younger brother) and ran into a concrete block.

He's ok and has no injuries, just a little shook up.

Damage looks like its all on the left side of the sled no engine damage at all.
Engine top half rebuilt last year.

whats your opinions on fixing?

tx

Damage 01.jpg Damages 02.jpg

R
Jun 14, 2008
Southern Idaho
The last chassis swap I did (for son inlaw ) we went from a 01 700 with a 144 and swapped into an 03 chassis. When we did the swap the suspension from the 01 went into the 03 and made it a 151 because the suspension bolts up a little bit father back. so the 01-144 makes 02-03 151. So I'm guessing that if you installed your 136 in an 02-03 it would become a 144. On my 02 800 I installed 07 Rev 151 rails and installed a 159 track on it. Hope this helps

Z
Mar 4, 2008
central WA
If your tunnel/bulkhead is straight, the rest of parts are just bolt-on other than some rivets in the footwells. Looks like aft trailing arm mounts are bent,they are steel. If tunnel is tweaked then i would look for another chassis. Go 02 or newer, (as said previous posts) running boards are wider, approach angle on the track is shallower--better to plane out on deep snow. My 2 cents worth.

T

Todd H

Nov 27, 2007
I've got a '03 800 Extrme 159 roller, with LW front end and Boss seat, good shape, no dings. If you are interested PM me. Cheap. In Edmonton, could ship it easily. All you would have to do is bolt engine in, and swap the MPEM. Everything is there except the motor and Primary clutch.

Last edited:

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
One more recommendation for the '02/'03 chassis.

I found a hidden land mine a few yrs ago that mattered. There was no bouncing over this one. The edge was looking right at me. :(

I found a Renegade chassis cheap and swapped things over. (Not nearly as easy as having a Summit chassis already!)

Since then I have had a TERRIBLE time with my boots getting stuck in the narrow boards! I'm there trying to dance with the machine and terrain and I'm stuck!

I kept waiting for the day that I would get stuck or worse on account of the narrow boards, but fortunately that day never came. (miraculously!)

Currently I have mine all torn down with a new tunnel ready to go back in. It will once aggin have wide boards on it! :D

C

crooklyn

Aug 27, 2009
Prince George, BC
So here are some more pics of the what we stripped off the sled thats damaged.
Deffinately have to replace the belly ban and foot wells, along with the control arm (if we go this way)
The tunnel looks good maybe if anything a slight angle inwards but doesn't look like it effects the inside track at all.
The only thing piece I'm really concerned with is the bulkhead. its not bent but a part of the lip is busted off and would have weld on a new one.

Have a look and let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.

phpMvHDlfPM.jpg php4mYGEiPM.jpg phpDyydTwPM.jpg phpQy6xcjPM.jpg

C

crooklyn

Aug 27, 2009
Prince George, BC
I was able to get the 03 chassi from Todd.

Thanks Todd.

Going to start the swap tonight!!

Once i get it running we are going to tear down the old one and frankin sled it ;)

T

Todd H

Nov 27, 2007
I was able to get the 03 chassi from Todd.

Thanks Todd.

Going to start the swap tonight!!

Once i get it running we are going to tear down the old one and frankin sled it ;)

Your welcome. I hope everything works out. Like I said, if something turns up with the chassis that you are not happy with please let me know and we can work something out.

Post some pictures once you get it back together.

Todd

C

crooklyn

Aug 27, 2009
Prince George, BC
Well its switched ;)

Thank you so much Todd!

Engine Swapped.
Had to remove all electrical from the 01 and wired in the new handle bars and electrical on the 03.

Took it for the first rip today and it was great!
No leaks, no stalling no problems and still starting on 1 or 2 pulls max.

Thanks again Todd, I owe you ;)

Engine Removed.jpg New Sled Stripped.JPG New Summit.JPG

C

crooklyn

Aug 27, 2009
Prince George, BC
that looks like it sits high in the front. what ur ski stand and height from ground to bumper?

Is there anything wrong with it sitting high in the front end? I think the shocks are set to the highest setting ( #4 ).

I think i may have to rebuild the rear shocks next season.

Premium Features