• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

670 in a zx chassis? Will it fit?

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
I put a 700 series 3 in a s-2000 chassis, but if memory serves me correctly, I don't think you can get a rotary valve in a zx chassis as the carbs were case inducted vs the series 3 being cylinder inducted? Can't fit the carbs in the zx chassis with a rotary valve.

Anybody did it? What was involved. I have a nice zx chassis that I think a 670 would rock in. Thanks for the input.

Yes, someone has, and I think you and I are looking for the same guy. About 3 years ago, someone posted some pics of an 01' ZX that had a turbo 670 motor in it. It wasn't someone on snowest, but I've been trying to find him because that sled he did a rider forward conversion on it and slid the steering hoop, tank, seat, and steering post something like 4" forward and I want to do the same thing!

Here is the one pic I have of it, but I can't get ahold of the guy!

http://www.neumeyer.us/sleds/index.htm

repairboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2007
Lincoln,NE
670 zx

Working on same swap now, besides engine plate what do you know for exhaust change or what works there? Keep me posted on what you know.
Thanks

S
i have a buddy who has a mildly modded 583 in an '01 or '02 zx chassis...think he fabbed his own engine mounts to roll the motor forward and up slightly to clear the bulkhead with the carbs/pods etc & then mangaged to stick a factory 600 pipe on it with a factory y pipe from another s chassis without chopping and welding (think he just flipped the y pipe over-dunno).it turned out pretty sweet and has enough jamb to spin his 155 dragon track with ease...i'll bug him for the details and try to sneak some pics if your interested:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features