• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch Chatter - Arctic Cat Bear Cat

P
Jul 15, 2009
Sorry if this is a repeat or in the wrong Forum.......Did a search and only came up with this: http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/search.php?do=process

Anyway, I replaced the helix and weights for ~10000ft and above on an 05 Bearcat Widetrack non-turbo. Now I am getting a ton of clutch chatter any time the motor is under a little bit of load (no chatter driving on trail).

What causes this? Also, I noticed there are like 5 different adjustments or settings for the spring. Could this be the thing I need to adjust?

Sorry for being a sled n00b, any help would be appreciated.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
You may need a stiffer spring in the secondary. You may be sucking the belt down into the sheaves instead of it actually shifting. Try a red/white and put it in the middle hole. Each hole clockwise is makeing the spring a little stiffer and it will shift slower, but it will hold good belt to sheave pressure. You can play the adjustment to make it work for you.

Premium Features