• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker Etec turbo 2012

C
Mar 28, 2011
Very impressed with the power at only 8 psi and some minor Linderman engine work.
7900 with 25 gram pins, #3 clicker, 438 ramps, purple/purple, 40* helix
but the best is the tps sensitive boost controller-this is a game changer for turbos to ride in the trees and pleasure on the trail. :cheer2:

Sheriff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Olds, Alberta
Very impressed with the power at only 8 psi and some minor Linderman engine work.
7900 with 25 gram pins, #3 clicker, 438 ramps, purple/purple, 40* helix
but the best is the tps sensitive boost controller-this is a game changer for turbos to ride in the trees and pleasure on the trail. :cheer2:

Is that you Tom???

J

JPM

Nov 30, 2007
Alberta
PRETTY SURE ITS NOT MADE UP

If someone is telling people that their E-TECK turbo works well i would say that he has one. I would guess that boondocker is letting them out carefully into the hands of people that know what they are doing. Seems nothing can hurt a new product launch worse then flooding the market with them and people talking bad about something and it turns out to be their tuning not the product.

C
Mar 28, 2011
If someone is telling people that their E-TECK turbo works well i would say that he has one. I would guess that boondocker is letting them out carefully into the hands of people that know what they are doing. Seems nothing can hurt a new product launch worse then flooding the market with them and people talking bad about something and it turns out to be their tuning not the product.

A call to Boondocker gets u the latest programming and it works well. There is always improvement to be made with fine adj for your particular sled, weight, etc.
I expect the Aerocharger works well but without the tps sensitive ebc, there won't be as nice of manners in the trees or on the trail.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.

True. But by the time it gets released to the general consumer others have done the R&D publicly. That's what the consumers see. Not a company bragging that they have a system that doesn't have the issues that other companies do. Give a release day,they keep blowing us off of why our kit hasn't been sent out and don't know when or if it will even be. Its been 7 months since i was told it would ship!!!

C
Mar 28, 2011
True. But by the time it gets released to the general consumer others have done the R&D publicly. That's what the consumers see. Not a company bragging that they have a system that doesn't have the issues that other companies do. Give a release day,they keep blowing us off of why our kit hasn't been sent out and don't know when or if it will even be. Its been 7 months since i was told it would ship!!!

I called Boondocker 3 weeks ago and it was shipped the next day.

C
Mar 28, 2011
I'm glad. Gave up waiting months ago. Hope it works out for you and thanks for the updates on yur progress.

This is my 4th turbo sled and by far the most user friendly. First was a Rotax 990, second and third which I still have are a MCX-press RX1 converted to fuel injection and a snow drag chassis with a RX1/R1 hybrid engine and a self designed kit using Turbonetics and SDS injection [443 hp @ 26 psi with room to go to about low 30's.
I will still keep the 860 2012 etec as the primary rider.
Kind of disappointed the end of season near.

Last edited:

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
A call to Boondocker gets u the latest programming and it works well. There is always improvement to be made with fine adj for your particular sled, weight, etc.
I expect the Aerocharger works well but without the tps sensitive ebc, there won't be as nice of manners in the trees or on the trail.

How many up dates have you had to upload? Or doo you send the ebc back?
Thanks.

Premium Features