• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09' Boss Seat

E
Feb 22, 2009
So my new seat came in today!! I was so stoked to toss it on when I got home. When I got home and put it on I found out what a horrible design it is. I almost thought it was the wrong seat the fit is so bad. The old 03' Escape Seat fits way better!!! I can't believe that they never configured the seat to match the fuel tank design. What a joke of a design this is. IMO it looks kind of stupid because their is huge caps were the seat meets the tank. The other thing is Its not quit long enough in the front for the circle piece to go over the fuel cap and you have to stretch the **** out of it to get the buttons done up. I had a look at a few other sleds with boss seats on from the pics of yoru Edge post and it looks like all the boss seats in the past have been the same way. Why can't Boss make a seat that fits the tank properly??? I'll go take some pics and show you guys how it looks.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Snoweasel

Nov 27, 2007
Edmonton AB
Wow, good to know because I almost bought one at the Edmonton sled show this last weekend!

I really liked all the storage compartments, but I did wonder how it would fit as it wasn't mounted on a sled.

What is the weight like? is it much lighter than the stock seat?

Like yourself, my last Boss seat was on a 04 edge and I really liked it, 7lbs lighter, higher seating position and much better material. Fitment was excellent as well.

Sorry about your probems E-Z:confused:

827revdog

Jun 18, 2008
michigan
boss got me once. never again. i bought one in 05 for a rev and it was horrid. 400 pos in my opinion. took three guys pushing on it to fit it right. sorry you got boned. chuck it up to live and learn

08poo800

Nov 26, 2007
Shakopee, MN
boss seat

I put mine on a couple weeks ago and I thought it fit quite nice. Had a buddy also say he was impressed with the fit.

Did you pull the bracket off the front of the tank prior to installing the seat?

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
So my new seat came in today!! I was so stoked to toss it on when I got home. When I got home and put it on I found out what a horrible design it is. I almost thought it was the wrong seat the fit is so bad. The old 03' Escape Seat fits way better!!! I can't believe that they never configured the seat to match the fuel tank design. What a joke of a design this is. IMO it looks kind of stupid because their is huge caps were the seat meets the tank. The other thing is Its not quit long enough in the front for the circle piece to go over the fuel cap and you have to stretch the **** out of it to get the buttons done up. I had a look at a few other sleds with boss seats on from the pics of yoru Edge post and it looks like all the boss seats in the past have been the same way. Why can't Boss make a seat that fits the tank properly??? I'll go take some pics and show you guys how it looks.

And yet you bought one anyway? IMO, you have no reason to complain about it. People have been buying them for years and waiting months to get them sometimes, with that type of demand, they have no real reason to improve them do they?

E
Feb 22, 2009
"I had a look at the other sleds with boss seats on" after I purchsed the seat. I came on here to have a look to see if they (anyone else) had the huge gap as well and they do. I never noticed the gap in any of the pictures untel after I had the seat home and out of the box and on my sled. If you go to http://bossseats.com/bossseats/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=122&Itemid=142 You will notice on their website the unflushness of the seat meeting the tank. Don't get me wrong...I'm actually starting to like the seat now that I have it on. It not being flush with the tank is not a major concern of mine just looks silly. The seat is basically stretching into place on the top now and looks slightly better. The Water holster fits a 500ml water bottle like a glove, and the extra storage is great. It can't weigh more than 5lbs and is built out of a great material. It is 3" taller than my old seat. It's not too hard like some have said in the past. As for the "turbo tow strap" Not realy sure wtf that is going to be good for but it's nice of Boss to think of us and toss in a free item when paying top dollar for a seat that IMO they could have actually made the seat flush with the tank. My Overall rating on the seat is a strong 8 out of 10 but definatley could have been designed to mold into the tank and be flush with no half inch gap at the bottom where the seat and tank meet.

E
Feb 22, 2009
Yah I was just laughing at that myself...not only that its a 10' design not 09' LOL. I was upset with the seat not fitting when I initially wrote the post.

E
Feb 22, 2009
Go ahead if you have the money to burn...I'm not taking it back to the store by any means. Just keep in mind that it's not going to be flush with your tank like your current seat, as it is not formed properly (leaves 1/2 inch gap where seat meets tank on the inside) and you basically have to stretch it out to the point were you think your going to rip the threads to get it on. Once it's on it doesn't look bad from a distance as you can't notice the gap unless your looking for it. Perhaps it stands out on my sled more than others as I have the clear fuel tank? Also the lettering on the seat is Greyish silver not white as it appears in the pictures.

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
On occasion, my young daughter wants to ride with dad. She much prefers riding in front of dad and his 'crazy' driving than behind mom on a 2-up seat with a backrest.

How long is this seat from gas cap to the back where is starts going down. It almost looks like she could sit further forward and I can ride fine standing or with my one knee on the seat.

Thanks for any input.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
I like mine, had them stuff it for my extra weight, I just got a bit of weatherstrip foam from ace hardware and stuck it to the seat where any gap was. lookes real good.

Btw what type of water bottle did u buy?? standard plastic nalgene 500ml?

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country
??

how about some pics guys??? Im still on the fence..and the storage is it the size of a large fanny pack??(in the tow rope area) like the XP Boss seats,, or is there more room on the polaris boss seats..

R

RmkMtnRider

Nov 26, 2007
Boise Idaho
boss seat

sn.jpg

This is mine that i got last year. Not a great picture but you can get the idea. I had to stretch out that thing around the gas cap a little bit but not much. The only complaint i had was it took 3 months to get the thing...

08poo800

Nov 26, 2007
Shakopee, MN
Boss seat

I put some pictures up a couple weeks ago in another post. They were of the seat on the floor with an assortment of items that I had packed in it.

Here they are:

Premium Features