• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hill Drag/slalom suspension setup

R

rocketball

Sep 28, 2010
Here is the current setup on my 09 crossfire 141x1.6 w/ 188 1.9 studs for competing in a local Hill drag which has a few turns in it. My wieght 160lb with gear

Skis - SLP Powder Pros widened out to 43" stance
Shocks - standard zero pros
springs - adjusted to my liking
Sway bar - In

Front skid shock - standard zero pro 3/4" pre load on spring
limiter straps - still in stock setting
front skid mounted in stock hole

rear skid springs - set on medium
rear skid mounted in lower hole
no blocks

Last year I raced with my sway bar in thinking it would help when getting through the corners. I prefer to ride with it out though...Sled seems to react better in bumps with no bar but I am concerned i may loose to much in the corners with the sway bar out. Should i leave the bar on the bench?

i also have my rear skid mounted in the lower hole to decrease ski lift going up hill. I would like to play with the limiters or add blocks to the rear to take away more ski lift but getting out of the gate is very important too. So i need some wieght transfer. I am happy with my sled in the holeshot the way it is. Just wondering if anybody can give me any general idea on how to setup a sled for suck a race.

thanks

R

rocketball

Sep 28, 2010
just a local racing event held by one of the clubs to raise money here in New Brunswick. Its nothing professional but a lot of good solid riders and sleds show up each year. Just need a little more out of my sled after finnishing 5th in the King race which had around 130 entries last year.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
revalve the rear shocks, with a quicker rebound it will launch and bring the ski lift back down after launch, I did it on my 09 m1000 and it used to go up hills with the skis 2-3ft in the air, now they stay about 1ft of the snow but will pull a little high when it bites and then back down. Drop the rear arm bolt into the stock hole (upper hole) having it in the lower hole will make rough and push in the turn. just run the rear skid so that when you get off of it the rear bumper only has 1/2" of sag, if the coarse get beat up really bad you may want to stiffen up the front skid shock, it will help throw the snow out the back and dig to where there is good snow. But doing that can make it trench to (reacts more like a short track) so you may want to play with that. Hope that helps and makes sense

Premium Features