• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pistons

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
It all depends on when your engine was made. (friday or a monday) have you pulled your exhaust valves to see how your pistons look? This is the discussion with these engines. Some get good set of pistons and have run 2500 mikes on boost and some only a few miles. If you have a lot of slop your pistons have already got scuff marks by now. If you have pistons within specs, which I read is rare, you are still good probably.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
Pull your ex valves and take a look along with a compression test.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i usually get 1500-2000 miles before i replace them as preventative maintenance, however i got a bad set of pistons in january that lasted 180-200 miles before losing a skirt and taking out an entire motor, but i'm 5 for 6 on getting over 1500 miles a set

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
depends what they did? if they just cleaned it up through it on but if they changed the squish and dome shape much i would be carefull but it should be ok if you just asked them to clean it up

C
Sep 10, 2008
idaho falls
there was no cleaning it up they had to mill it so it did change it. i have another stock head for it so i can use it and put the milled one on my stock sled. also when i took the head off my turbo there was no gasket around the out side of the head and cylinder just the o rings a round the in side of the cylinders. What is up with this

Premium Features