• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

17 800 turbo 90psi to low?

I
just got the sled ready for this year and did a comp test and got 90psi wide open on both sides? i have never rode this sled or any turbo sled first one!!! (should change my name! lol) should i order some piston and rings or run it make sure all else is good and see how i like it first?

Ax-ski

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 7, 2021
I've sprayed wd40 down the cylinder before to see if the numbers would come up. They came up to with in spec so I was about to just replace the rings but since I was in that far did both rings and pistons. On another sled I had 120 and 100 at the beginning of the year and by the end it was closer to a 115 in both. Not sure if sitting over summer maybe shrunk the rings but never had a issue with it.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
just got the sled ready for this year and did a comp test and got 90psi wide open on both sides? i have never rode this sled or any turbo sled first one!!! (should change my name! lol) should i order some piston and rings or run it make sure all else is good and see how i like it first?
How many miles are on the sled? Also depends upon what elevation you're at. Should be around 120psi, so 90 is too low, unless you're at maybe 6-7k feet up.

The good thing is that both cylinders are even. So, I'd first question your gauge. Is it just reading low?

kmg

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2012
Cheaper gauges can read low, do a leak down if you can. We bought an engine for a project sled that tested 120 on both sides but one side had 30% leak. I don't even use compression testers anymore.

Premium Features