• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Remote Limiter Strap Adjuster Installation

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I wish this was more like the ARC controller where it could be done while riding by using your left thumb instead of the middle of the bar. I wonder for the guys that have installed it, do you think the mount could be changed to more like the ARC? See pic for reference:

left_hand.jpg

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
Honestly the cheaper version that mounts on the tunnel is super easy and fast. The bar mount version is cool as hell but if your looking to save a few bucks the tunnel one is quick and easy.

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
Install help please!

I could use a little help if you've successfully installed the bar-mount remote limiter strap. My install went pretty well (2-4 position), just time consuming. With no strap (or with the rear suspension mechanically compressed), I was able to adjust the cable to have the crank/cam make contact with the upper stopper when the dial is turned to short. Under a regular load, the crank will not make contact with the upper stopper. It seems that tension on the new strap is preventing it from fully rotating.

Any ideas?

S

stmike

Dec 22, 2008
northern Ontario
Check what hole the stock strap is in ,it will tell you in the instructions. I have my 3 to 5 and stock strap is in position 3.

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
Check what hole the stock strap is in ,it will tell you in the instructions. I have my 3 to 5 and stock strap is in position 3.

Triple checked. Stock strap is in hole 2 (from the factory). New strap is in the loosest position, hole 1, as per instructions. Still seems like there is to much tension on the new strap preventing it from fully rotating. Checked front track shock preload and track tension also.

There's got to be something I'm overlooking.

R
Nov 8, 2017
I'm trying to install the limiter strap. I'm confused about the spacers provided. When I remove the stock one and put the two privided ones on, there's a gap and the bare shaft is showing? Is that right?

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
I'm trying to install the limiter strap. I'm confused about the spacers provided. When I remove the stock one and put the two privided ones on, there's a gap and the bare shaft is showing? Is that right?

Yes, that is where the new strap loops around. The space keeps it in place.

I still can't get my strap to make contact with the upper stopper in the "short" position. BRP customer service is a joke. You should see the email thread from them (or their call center in India).

CO Wapiti

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2017
I installed the kit about a month ago. Yes, it was about a three hour job and there are some steps left out of the instructions to get the hardware for the lower part of the strap on the cross member bolt. I did not have a gap on that bolt. The instructions weren't clear on what parts or spacers to use but it wasn't too hard to figure out. They do include some parts for sleds other than the summit that you don't use. I used a heat gun on low to warm up the strap. This made it more pliable to bend it and get the bolt in that secures the strap. It seams to be a well designed accessory but time will tell how durable it is.

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
New strap is in the loosest position, hole 1, as per instructions. Still seems like there is too much tension on the new strap preventing it from fully rotating.

I'm wondering if you are expecting the limiter to change position on the shop floor. It won't, unless you compress the suspension.

The way the remoter limiter system is designed is such that if, for example...
1) you are in the long position
2) you rotate the bar lever to the short position
3) the mechanism at the top of the new strap will
not have enough power to lift the suspension
and rotate to the short position
4) instead, rotating the lever causes the spring
cartridge that is in-line with cable system to
"load up" and store energy.
5) when the suspension is compressed during
riding the strap will become unloaded and the
stored energy in the spring cartridge will cause
the mechanism to rotate.

You should be able to simulate the above by putting something under the front or your skid and compressing the suspension to unload the strap.

I know that while riding I plan to use a "bump" to change my limiter settings.

I hope I understood what you were saying and didn't insult you with the above explanation. If so, maybe someone else will find it useful. :face-icon-small-hap

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
I hope I understood what you were saying and didn't insult you with the above explanation. If so, maybe someone else will find it useful. :face-icon-small-hap

Yes, thanks. That makes sense. I'll try the simulation you suggested. However, it does seem like there is a lot of strain on the rotating arm in the meantime. I would think you'd do a number on the whole mechanism if stress was applied to the "shortened" strap before it was fully seated.

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
Yes, thanks. That makes sense. I'll try the simulation you suggested. However, it does seem like there is a lot of strain on the rotating arm in the meantime. I would think you'd do a number on the whole mechanism if stress was applied to the "shortened" strap before it was fully seated.

I agree, it does seem like there is a lot of strain. I'm of the same opinion as others here that maybe the new strap isn't quite the proper length. I'm going to ride it a few time, let everything settle in and then determine if I need to do some re-engineering.

revrider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 26, 2003
Randle
Can anyone confirm the part # for the G4, is it 860201492? Does anyone have any feedback on theirs? Some said it seemed too tight did it loosen up any or could it have been for one for the XM's?

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
Dave Norona - lil' help

Dave, is there anyway you can reach out to your friends at Doo and inquire about the above issue with the new strap not allowing the cam to seat properly. Their online CS has nothing more to offer than "see your dealer". Thanks.

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
I couldn’t agree more. I do think the strap provided in the kit is too short. It need to be about 1/2” longer.

Premium Features