• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 M8 helix

W
Feb 25, 2014
After my last ride in the spring I noticed that the helix has cracks running through it in multiple places. I am looking for recommendation on what helix to run.
Sled is stock with speedwerx single pipe set up, 153 track, stock primary set up.
Also, any recommendations on what I should replace while the secondary is apart?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
37 degree straight or a 40/36. I would check the moveable bushing and rollers while you are in there.

W
Feb 25, 2014
Forgot to mention. I ride between 7500 and 10000 feet. Don't know if that makes a difference or not.

The stock helix is 36 straight correct? So what would be the advantage of doing a 40/36?

W
Feb 25, 2014
So I am finally back with my sled and have time to work on it. Based on some recommendations I got, I went with an slp 40/36 helix, arctic cat high temp rollers, and a shift assist kit.

My question is on the shift assist kit. How does the original plastic piece get removed from the clutch and how does the new shift assist bearing install? I will continue searching for the answer, but any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Yes the black plastic washer is replaced and the shift assist goes in it place. Its also supposed to go in a certain way the instructions should tell you...I think its like black side out? cant remember...

Premium Features