• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 to 10 suspension kit.

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
I have a 2009 summit 600 etec with a 146 track. I have heard that there is a kit to convert the 2009 rear suspension to work like the 2010 rear suspension. Does anyone know Where I can get one. Thanks

R

rev_rider800

Jan 23, 2011
minneapols mn
Doo offers one, it's around $500 and includes the rails and a center shock...or for $65 big john offers a scissor mod bracket that re located the rear scissor...give him a shout, 612 718 3861

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
Will this kit make it easier to pull the sled over on its side. I have noticed that the 2010 sleds pull alot easier.

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
That is not what that kit is intended for, the kit he's refering to is to reduce the sag problems some earlier XP's had. Extreme Air Vents has a kit that has everthing you need.

To get the easier steering effect of the '10's you need a longer center shock to reduce the ski pressure. Complete kit is 325.00 and you don't need to go to all the trouble of changing your rails.

http://www.xtremeairvents.com/13.html

R
Dec 2, 2009
Granby, CO
pretty sure ski doos kit is only available for the 154" track. if you want a good mod to make your sled handle better spend $550 and get ski doo's S-36 package. it's a hell of a value and makes all the difference in the world!

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
It includes all four new A-arms, tie rods, and a new pair of shocks to fit the new A-arms ( these are the nice HPG / KYB rebuildables ) and it narrows the ski stance to match the newer XP's spec's.

P

P Money

Nov 29, 2010
Denver, CO.
Should be getting myself the 10 setup for xmas, as I don't have an X the stock shocks are **** so for 325 this gives me a great rebuildable shock and the relocate. If I already had a set of good shocks this would probably be the route i go, something to think about if your in my boat as well...
P

R

redbull660

Dec 1, 2007
Montana
Mine arent the x shocks either, I will have to go the same route. A person could go cheaper if you could find a stock everest shock off of a 2010 sled, it should be long enough.

U
Before you all go run out and drill holes in your tunnels you might want to talk to a few of the guys that have tried this. It does NOT make your sled feel like a 2010 by any shape or form. Yes it is cheap...but it does not fix the problem. I tried this on my '09 and ended up bending the shock mounting shaft. It doesn't help the suspension transfer like the upgrade kits do. Sure it lowers the skid, but it also makes it so the shock can now bottom out (which is how the shaft got bent). It also does not help the sled carve. It honestly made my sled feel like it wanted to go in a straight line and not carve. I finally went with an upgrade kit and it completely fixed my problem.

Any of the kits out there work great. Doo's (only available for 154's), Xtreme Air Vents, Tom's etc.

Just my opinion and experience. I have a Tom's on one sled and an Xtreme on the other. Both work awesome!

Premium Features