• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Gizmo

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
So...at 115 degrees the timing is still retarded until you hit around 118-120. This is something you can feel if you go at wide open throttle when it is 112-115. The sled will only hit 7400-7600 rpm on the snow. Hit's 118-120 and voila...8100-8200 rpm.

Besides...stock on 91 octane non-eth fuel and non-eth resistor installed these are dyno'ing in the high 140's to low 150's on most reports (without the gizmo)...

I was pulling for you...any gain would be nice, but this isn't it.

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
Just a side note...I may be reading the dyno chart wrong but at 115 degrees this timing being retarded that I was talking about, seems very evident on the chart. Right around 7500 rpm the hp curve goes flat...never seen that on a stocker being dyno'd...

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Thanks for posting those up.

The charts are pretty fuzzy an difficult to read...can you post up some clear ones.

How long were the runs?

Do you have any dyno info of sustained ... Say 1-2 minute pulls... at WOT after the temps "equalize" in the system with the gizmo?

Any thoughts on R44's comments above?

Last edited:
R

redink420

Feb 6, 2009
You don't do long pull dyno runs as far as I know. The long run I know of is the coaster run down to check rolling resistance.
I am definately pondering this gizmo not as added power, but longevity of the motor. Hit some hard pack between the trees this weekend in 30-45 degree weather and had cooling issues and wild temperature readings after restarts. Scratchers were down. I think I am going to try some gorrila tape on the snow flap and see if that helps.

O

Outlaw

Nov 27, 2007
Jackson Hole,WY
Alright, Back from UT with the Dyno sheets. Scanned them into my PC. Three Runs With the Kit Average Taken, Three Runs Stock Two Pics taken to show different running temps and what it does. We ran numbers at 115 to show the people that think a sled should run at 100 to 120. We then took numbers at 125 to show what most sleds are running. We then took numbers at 145 with the Gizmo to show what we are running with the kit at the temps we run at consistantly. We did not develope this kit for a horsepower or torque gain. It was developed for engine longevity. The gains are a bonus. For everybody that still has doubts I can understand that. We are not forcing any one to buy this kit. We are simply putting it out there as an option for those that want to extend the life of the sled. Not to be an a$$ but we have better than 200 kits on the snow without failure and all reports are nothing but how much better the sled runs. And yes we do have the miles. Take a look at the reports and make up your own mind. All I can say is 200 plus people that have installed and have had no problems can't be wrong.
Thanks to everybody for the questions and comments. Look for our editorial and add in the Snowest digital Feb and the March issue.
Everybody have a great winter.
115 degrees Without Gizmo.jpg

125 Degrees Without Gizmo Long Run.jpg

145 Degrees With Gizmo Long Run.jpg

Again Thanks to everybody that posted good or bad
T

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
So, let me see if I got this right. You got about a 2 HP gain by running at 145*. Impressive.

D
Mar 12, 2009
norcal
Am betting the engineers at poo have this issue in their sights if this really is an issue, to small a test population to prove this is a cooling problem, to many other factors that havent been sorted out, but my guess is that poo will sort this out if it is an issue, the jump from the dragon to the pro proves that thay can,..

Premium Features