• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW Yamaha Forum for User Reviews???

Should we add a new REVIEWS forum to our Yamaha section?

• YES: Make it easier to find user product reviews

Votes: 49 66.2%
  • NO: If I want to find it, I will search for it

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • DON'T CARE: Doesn't make any difference to me

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
since it is showing 2 to 1 support for another section then I think it is worth a shot. My only reservation is that we already have a main section for reviewing products and redundancy can be confusing.
Its a possibility to be sure.
What I am looking at here, in this little Yamaha forum, is seeing if this makes finding this information EASIER and more accessible to the members or not.

I know I spend a LOT of time SEARCHING for material on SnoWest.
And lets face it, the Search Engine (including the Premium Advanced Engine) are nothing to write home about! They work, and if you know how to use them they work better, but its still a HIT and MISS project of guessing at the right terms to go looking for.

If this works well in the Yamaha forum, then it might be something worth implementing in the bigger manufacturer forums as well down the line.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
139 people read this thread, but only 28 voted??

Gotta Wonder WHY....

How is that democracy working out for you?

If this works well in the Yamaha forum, then it might be something worth implementing in the bigger manufacturer forums as well down the line.
This sounds less like democracy and more like trying to justify changes you want to make. Actually, that seems more like democracy these days...

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Certainly its a change I wan to to TRY but ONLY with the clear support of the forum members.

If they don't support and endorse it, then there is just no point to even trying it.

Right now, we have a very clear majority.

In this digital world we call SnoWest we "Can" try things.

If they work, awesome.
If they don't work, we just revert back to exactly the way it was before, with NO lasting effect.

We are not talking about building low income housing complexes in the inner city here that will impact society for the next several decades....

voting.jpg

Last edited:

natedawgedog

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2011
dlg ak
139 people read this thread, but only 28 voted??

Gotta Wonder WHY....

probably because some of the that voted (like me) keep comming back to the page once they see there has been a change in that topic (my third time at his page), thus being counted as another person who read the page?...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
nope.
We keep a track of each user that reads a thread.

Members who have read this thread : 170

←snow∞motion→, -lenny-, ..SNAKEBIT.., 4strokeperformance, acutah, adairtd1, allied1, apex1001, APEXXPRESS, autopro, bacobits, Bamboo, bdoe22, bear, Beech, bholmlate, Big Snowballz, BLUE BLOOD, Blue4me, BOOSTD, BOOSTIN-BAYOU, BordnBill, Bowfisher, Bubbles, calibrate, Calvin42, Caveman, cbc24, charger0926, christopher, cilius66, Climbmax, CookeCityRider, couch, Cousin Vinny, Dartos, Dogpile, Down, Duke, emr333, eyefish123, EZmoney, fastmnstealth, franklin, frees-tyler, frizzlefry55, gade-thrasher, Gone Riding, gouldsjett1, greasemonkey3406, grizztracks, gunnerthesnowman, heeler, higherpower, highmark289, hopewell64, hornydevil, hotmail, Hound dog, huffymtx, irondave86, Jager Bomb 243, jake432, jbadaloch, Jeva, jm, K45, kdardis, Kibbels, kinger9, KMOD, korey, labster, LuckydawgAK, luckyjones, M5-, m8magicandmystery, macer_81, macsummit, Mark's RMK, mckinney, mi boondocker, Misha508, mitty26, Modedmach1, Monster Max, motojunkie101, mtnmodviper, mtnxr, MTN_VIPER, mysledblows, natedawgedog, navara, nickh, NLViper, NM, nytro circus, Nytroboost, nytroturbo1, o2bncamo, oaphus, opel, OrangeKowJumper, ottawaair, partsman, paulharris, polaris dude, pylon, RACINSTATION, Redrider18, Reese, relentless rider, richracer1, riverbottom rick, rmk stu, RMKsledmonkey, roughrider99, ruffryder, RX-1MT, rx1 fern, ryan7, sask_dragon, shortman, sidehil, Ski-Dooin it, skidawg, skooter, sled-fiend, SLEDDR., sledfvr, Sledneck22, SNAFU, snowman80, Southern Renegade, speedrcr, splaterwin, sportsterdanne, Superm, SXViper, TBird, tdave, THE OUTLAW, Thistledoo, Titanium 375, tmk50, toddb, towerrigger, transam455, Trax 2 Treadz, treemagnet03, TTE, Tuesday, Turblue, uncle sno fester, up-high, ust421, uzeste, Vadnais, vector boy, wak, Wangham, Wiley_Coyote, wilmot, xtrememotorworks, xxxl, YamaRiv, yamiman, yammi4ever, yournytech, zx4ever

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
over 70,000 members and 30 people support moving the threads and it is termed "solid support".....
please someone pinch me...lol..

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
Just voted, had to use my computer since i am not able to vote from my Android, a bit of a hazzle since i 99% of the time use Tapatalk on Android instead of a computer.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
over 70,000 members and 30 people support moving the threads and it is termed "solid support".....
please someone pinch me...lol..

Good Try.
The Yamaha forum has about 500 members.

182 of them took the time to read this thread

51 of those cared enough to vote.

Of the 51 that voted, well over 50% supported the change.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Good Try.

snicker...take that to the bank and you will be out on your arse..lol..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yup.
Always hard to draw people on the forums into doing much of anything..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Good Try.

At least you got your majority!!! LMAO

Seriously though, that is a pretty poor means I have seen about justifying numbers to make them look like a majority to go along with what you have already decided you want to do.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Note if you access from tapatalk like myself it doesn't show you have ever viewed this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features