• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Motleyone Kustoms" Black Beauty

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
Well, I finally finished up the latest build. It turned out better that my wildest expectations. This sled just seemed to be begging to be built and went together very smooth. I just want to give a huge shout out to Paul at Impulse Turbo, Dave at Hurricane Performance, Chad at CR Racing, Willie at OFT, Allen at Ulmer Racing and all of my buddies that helped out in one way or another with the build. I also want to thank my Dad who put in numerous hours on this build with me over Christmas break. I took well over 400 pictures during the build but I am only posting a few here. You can see about 130 pictures in an album on my profile page.

The sled was built for power. Dave at Hurricane performance did an incredible job on this motor. Fully built and then some. Carillos, JE low comp pistons (Hurricane edition), Upgraded head studs (extra long), titanium valve seat and retainers along with dual rate springs to handle the massive boost, O-Ringed block, exceptional machine head porting to allow for maximum airflow or CFM (the highest they ever produced on a Nytro I believe), torque spec of over 55 foot lbs on the head. The bottom line is that this head will not lift. Dave has tested numerous motors and this motor can handle over 400 horsepower (that's 30 lbs of boost). Of course all that power means nothing without proper equipment to get it to the ground.

She has an 2871 Imuplse Race Kit with the .86 housing. The fuel management system is a Standalone with closed loop technology. The system senses crank position, rpms and fuel A/F to constantly adjust A/F to a target number of 12.4. No buttons to press or dials to mess with. It runs an external waste gate by Tial that is cooled by the cooling system of the sled. It also has the latest generation header design that is extremely user friendly and a breeze to install. Of course everything is put together with V-Band clamps.

It has a full M10 suspension with dual airbags. The tunnel and front suspension are CR Racing and it has Float 2's up front. OFT supplied the rider forward kit, roll over valve and tether kit and the "SS" billet wheels. She runs Avid drivers and is geared at 21/39 to help make some crazy track speed. The track is a Camo Extreme 174*3*3. The seat is a "Motleyone Kustoms". The risers are from Alpine Motorsports. There is to many more small thing to mention.

I hope you enjoy the pics. Added a couple in the daylight.

IMG_3232.jpg IMG_3227.JPG IMG_3225.JPG IMG_3266.jpg IMG_3259.jpg IMG_3078.JPG IMG_3242.JPG 2011-01-18_10-43-44_689.jpg 2011-01-18_10-43-59_740.jpg

Last edited:
N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Nice!! Now get that thing up to Revy and lets see how she runs!:face-icon-small-win

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
New ride

:face-icon-small-cooLooks pretty insane! Nice work as usual, I like the gloss black look.

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
thanks

Thanks for the positive feedback, I truly appreciate it.

Neil, I think I may be up the first weekend of Feb but not sure yet. I'll be in touch. Can't wait to see your new system in action.

Should have her on the mountain this weekend. We'll she how she runs.

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
That is a nice build. But 30psi.... :face-icon-small-sho omfg I had a tough time holding on, climbing, once boost went past 20psi. How are you planning on holding on at WOT. It should be an impressive ride.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Wow that is amazing! I would love to just see this it in person.... Awesome job!

What front end is on it?

Real curious, if you don't mind me asking, roughly what do you think guy would have for money tied up in a build like this??

Thanks

Premium Features