• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best boots

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I have a pair of Sidi Adventure boots , the arch support is more than satisfactory , and are as comfortable as walking shoes . Cold weather riding is out of the question , the feet get so cold that the rest of my body struggles with the chills . The cold comes threw the soles and right up threw the spine , absolutely miserable and that's really bad because I prefer cold weather riding over warm .

I'm also a firm believer that cotton kills .

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
I have three rides on my Garne Adventure boots. Italian made leather boot with waterproof liner. They look like the Forma. I like them and with a full knee/shin pad/guard I feel very protected. They are not warm like my Motorist Stomper but with I seem to stay warmer on a snowbike than a sled. Around $250 online delivered

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Mine don't work. Just got my MH this year and thought the snowboard boots would be the ticket until I got on the bike. Couldn't get my toe under the shifter without contortions.
Good thing I had some Danners with. Used those for 3 days, worked great. But I usually ride with work boots or hunting boots anyway. JMO

You can adjust the shifter to a higher position to fit the boot.... But I will retract my last statement I just ripped mine on my footpeg starting my bike.... So they are out;)

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Ive really liked my Klim Adrenalines, but the bottoms wear out quickly on the Pro running boards. I have also really liked my old military Danner gore-tex boots if its not way below 0. They have insulation, waterproof and are tough as anything and have lasted for years working in construction and hunting in Alaska. So I have worn them year round, try that with a dedicated snow/mx boot. I have a couple pairs, one 400 grams, the other 1200 grams of insulation. http://www.danner.com/product/

M

Mofood

Nov 24, 2014
SL,UT
Second that Adrenaline. The non-boa has a pretty low profile toe (relatively). Bought them just for the bike. Warm and comfy

Sickness

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2014
Denver, CO
gaerne balance oiled boots

I tried these gaerne balance oiled boots...trials boots. They worked pretty well, I thought. The I guy I was riding with said he tried them and thought them too cold. When I was riding I never noticed them to be cold, sometimes when I stopped I could feel it, but not too bad. Absolutely waterproof. Pushed my foot thru to an underground stream, I'm thinking, I'm screwed now. Nope, bone dry. They're real comfortable too.

827revdog

Jun 18, 2008
michigan
i like my forma adventures. i never get wet or cold. trick is to size up and wear a thick sock. the protection is ok but thinking of going to the alpinestar toucans for a bit more protection. as rottinjonny stated have seen what happens with stumps and bikes.

H

Hbmtr

Feb 11, 2010
carnelian bay ca.
After coming up short on a uphill triple at Hangtown ,having 2 walking boots is not fun.If anybody needs some [walking boots] i will be glad to donate mine.

Hoping snowbiking will be easier on me :noidea: we will see.

Premium Features