• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

YZ450 Intake pre filter

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
So only got a cpl days on my new to me '11 YZ timbersled. Didnt find any snow deep enough to plug the front intakes but could see it happening easily.
Sled has a prefilter over the air box frame already but the front intake scoops were wide open.
I used leftover frogs skins front side hood vents for a M sled. They fit the front intake openings pretty well and sealed up all around. Think they will work great and be a good solution to the easy to plug intakes.

image.jpg

T

torkd

Oct 9, 2013
Alberta, Canada
That works good, here is my fix. Some spray foam in those openings works good and frog skins on the side. On my second season with this set up and it seems to do the job. I didn't have extra frog skins so the foam was easiest.

image.jpg

M
Dec 28, 2014
Ennis, MT
Can you just by Frog skin bulk from the manufacturer not that I need that much for my WR or do you have to by a kit for a sled and mod it to what ever opening you have.

Also Torkd I see that your frog skin is on the out side do you just glue that stuff down or what?

Had my air box totally plug on me last weekend soooo deep! Of course now its been forty and raining...ughh gotta love global warming.

T

torkd

Oct 9, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Can you just by Frog skin bulk from the manufacturer not that I need that much for my WR or do you have to by a kit for a sled and mod it to what ever opening you have.

Also Torkd I see that your frog skin is on the out side do you just glue that stuff down or what?

Had my air box totally plug on me last weekend soooo deep! Of course now its been forty and raining...ughh gotta love global warming.

They come in circles or squares in all kinds of sizes and have an outer rim with an adhesives like a sticker. I had to order mine through the local bike shop. We can't seem to keep our snow around either.

J

JimBridger

Mar 11, 2013
SE Idaho
If you really wanted it to breathe easy, you could combine what AZ800 did, with something like I did. Less of a chance of sucking snow through other small cracks and crevices if it's getting more than enough flow through the prefered openings.

Premium Features