• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can 3 sleds fit in an ALUMA 7x14 with 5 V nose?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
D
Apr 27, 2008
I am trying to find a trailer that will just fit 3 sleds. I am not sure if I can get 3 regular 121" skidoo's in this trailer. If so how do you load them. Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks Joe

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Not 100% sure if they will fit or not.
My buddy puts 4 sleds in a 3 place enclosed by putting a bike stand under the track of the front sleds and pulling the other sleds so the front bumper and half of the hood is under the other sleds track.

W
Nov 26, 2007
St. Cloud, MN
Well if this helps a little. We put 2008 155 dragon,2-2005 153 m's, and a 2001 zr 121 in 20'+5' nose x 7 trailer. I think it woudl not quite fit we had the M's side by side (one forward one backwards) in the back and the dragon went from the bumper of the M's to the front of the trailer (faceing forward) and the ZR (faceing backwards) was beside the Dragon. If it fits it will be tight. Unless you have some short tracks.

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
I've got a 8 x 12 with 4 ft. v. I've had a 136, 144, and a 116 stuffed in there. It's really tight, and the 116 has to go in backwards but they fit.

Doesn't completly answer the question, but gives you an idea.

D
Apr 27, 2008
Thanks guys, yeah it atleast gives me an idea. I know I can if I jack one up a little, but was hoping someone had direct experience with trying this. Thanks and any other input is welcome.

Joe

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Draw the trailer layout on the cement with chalk & play around with different configurations to see for yourself.

I'm thinking it would be awful tight.

N
Nov 27, 2007
Kapowsin, WA
I have a Charmac that measures 13'x8' with a 5' nose. I haul three all the time. 2-136" and 1- 144". I have done it two different ways. One way is to load from the front. Put the 2 longest sleds in first and spread them out as far as they can go against the walls. Load the third sled in between them. You have to lift, pull & drag but it will go in. I have since changed the way I load them to allow for more fuel storage for overnight trips. I load two sleds normal from the back ramp. I fab'd & installed a sleeve in the floor that attaches to the frame. I slip in a 1" steel rod that's about 24" tall and has a hand winch mounted on it. I crank the third sled up the ramp backwards. Fits in nice and leaves room for shelves, and 4 fuel cans.

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
I have a Charmac that measures 13'x8' with a 5' nose. I haul three all the time. 2-136" and 1- 144". I have done it two different ways. One way is to load from the front. Put the 2 longest sleds in first and spread them out as far as they can go against the walls. Load the third sled in between them. You have to lift, pull & drag but it will go in. I have since changed the way I load them to allow for more fuel storage for overnight trips. I load two sleds normal from the back ramp. I fab'd & installed a sleeve in the floor that attaches to the frame. I slip in a 1" steel rod that's about 24" tall and has a hand winch mounted on it. I crank the third sled up the ramp backwards. Fits in nice and leaves room for shelves, and 4 fuel cans.

Like NWGooser said...load the first 2 from the front, slide the tails apart as far as they will, and pull the third in between. If that doesn't do it, you can muscle the 3rd in backwards.

Loading from the front takes best advantage of the V.

Good Luck!!
modsledr

Premium Features