• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

860 Twin Turbo chassis rebuild

R

Revanator

Well after 4 years, 5000 miles, hitting 3 massive rocks, running with a bent nun, re-welded a-arm, and a bent front shock.... it was time for a rebuild!

Sled: 04' Rev race sled that Turbo Al built, custom built 860cc motor, twin 53 series aerochargers, AAEN pipe...

This idea of building a tube chassis came about when I was in mechanical engineering and we were designing models to do stress analysis on. Then after watching a few guys on here build their own chassis, I knew it was possible. Just had to design a chassis that was extremely strong.

IMG_1317.jpg DVC00503.JPG image.jpg image (1).jpg image (2).jpg

R

Revanator

More Pics..

Since we have the etec turbo done, and the 872 Trygstad etec done, it was time to finish the tube chassis!

image3_zps097e51cb.jpeg

image4_zps0fb7e33e.jpeg

image2_zpsa68870d9.jpeg

Dry run bolting the suspension in
image5_zps573dab9a.jpeg

image7_zps1d2c8a16.jpeg

image6_zps6c9bbaac.jpeg

Last edited:
R

Revanator

Finished details

Chassis turned out alright, dropped 35.5lbs of the sled just with changes in the seat, fox floats, and the tube tunnel.

All tube was 3/4 .035" wall 4130, from stress analysis chassis proved 153% stronger than stock tunnel.

Twisting test with a 4ft lever on the back of the tunnel 100lbs of force... stock tunnel would twist 15.6 degrees, tube tunnel was .5 degree.

Will be building a full tube XP chassis, incorporating all stock plastics, gauges.. will come with CP3 belt drive, timbersled front and rear suspension, estimated weight with what we do know is sub 380lbs, and will be over 150% stronger, and over 200% more rigid from solid works design!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
they definately are a LOT stronger if you dont get to caried away with the weight obsesion.

3/4 .035 tunnels rock. super solid, drop good weight and are a LOT nicer then alum tunnels.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
That is very nice.

Tell me about the engine and twin turbos? What is the 860 putting out? And what do the turbos do to those numbers?

Are you running low or high boost?

R

Revanator

That is very nice.

Tell me about the engine and twin turbos? What is the 860 putting out? And what do the turbos do to those numbers?

Are you running low or high boost?

Engine is a one off build by TurboAl about 7 years ago, custom domes, pistons arent from a snowmachine... twin 53's. Engine started as a 01' 800, and I have right about 5100 miles since it was built. I run anywhere from 6-10psi, back in CO I run 7lbs on pump fuel, race fuel for anything higher. Up here in AK at 5lbs add a little torco.

Never have had it "dynoed" but it eats my dads Felker etec turbo up when he is at 10psi and I'm at 6. When I had a 136x2" track on it I could see anywhere between 84-93mph track speed when climbing. yes... the speedo is correct and checked!

Premium Features