• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pull Cords On 00-01!

montanagrizzly

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2010
Polson, MT
I am replacing my waterpump belt and in the process thought I would change my Pull cord since it was looking a bit rough! When I pulled the pull cord assembly apart eveything came apart but now I can't seem to get it back together! Admittedly I havn't tried real hard either. Is there a trick to putting these back together or do I just try till I get it? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks:face-icon-small-con

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I found the key to not take it apart.... I made the same mistake as you once, it was a huge PITA to get back together.

R
Nov 9, 2008
SE IDAHO
Its not fun but it can be done and will take several attempts... I did mine last year. Take a 2x4 or a small block of wood and nail 2 nails about 2" apart (maybe more maybe less-you'll have to experiment). Hook the inside of the coil on one nail and wrap the recoil around and around (the tighter the better but be careful). When it is wound, latch the other end of the coil to the other nail and lock on some vice grips. Set the re-coil in the housing with the outside coil hook hooked on the notch in the housing than release the vice grips. You might wanna use a small flat piece of wood or what have you to keep the coil from springing out place when you release the vice grips.
Once you get the re-coil in place it should stay... Just don't breath on it!! You'll see how the rope pulley matches up the the inside of the recoil once you look at it.
Go give it a shot... BE CAREFUL AND WEAR EYE PROTECTION!!

montanagrizzly

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2010
Polson, MT
Thanks for the help and the Remidies! After Cussing for two and a half hours It dawned on me while sitting in the house! Went out and took one try to get it back together! Whew Now I can take it apart and be able to change the cord whenever I want to! lol:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features