• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone Recieved Their New 084 Belt Yet ?

G
Jan 18, 2012
NEED NEW BELT

Nope, did nothing with the dealer about the new belt. It just arrived via Fed Ex with the letter. You shouldn't have to do anything. The only thing preventing you from receiving your new belt is if your dealer didn't register your new sled. But I highly doubt that.

WOW do i need my new 084 to arrive... this is crazy. cant stand how the clutch faces rub on the thred untill it breaks than peels... KABOOM back to square one.. pretty sick of blowing belts....:face-icon-small-sad

RickM

Premium Member
May 25, 2006
Central Wyoming
Got My 084 Belt Today

Well it finally came on Fed Ex today, I sure hope the $189.00 price tag on the invoice is only for Cats profit and loss right off. The out side ribs look a little different, 083 had flat outside ribs, the new 084 have curved ribs.

Don't know what that all means but I sure hope this is the end of the belt/clutch issues.
With the aftermarket TCL mount by White Rad, gearing, clutching, shims,etc.
I hope I am all done with R & D for Cat. Now if they will only price the
084 belt for about $75.00 . RickM

B

Bigbuck1

Apr 1, 2011
Sask.
Nothing yet but 475 miles on original and no probs!! Did find a busted rear bracket on the left board going up to the tunnel and a bad oil leak between chaincase and oil reservoir! :face-icon-small-fro

C

chuckbernard

Jan 7, 2008
Received mine yesterday with the letter and the 3rd year of warrantee. I have around 200 miles on my original belt so far without any issues. I haven't had the dealer install the jackshaft update and I don't think that I will because if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Just wish that there was somewhere to store the extra belt! I guess that I'd better keep the spare in the truck and hope someone will go get it for me!

Now, what about the brand new spare that I bought a few months ago? Shouldn't they take that back and replace it with the new belt?

H

Highmarker

Nov 20, 2004
In the west!
That's what I am thinking....refund for all the 083's that I have to keep on hand to make it a weekend?

And as far as a place to put the spare.....fits great under the seat

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
yup easily have belt and 2 tool pouches (same size as stock one) in the square under the seat....also theres a hollow square part in the foam at front of seat.. can push the foam down fairly hard and slide another spare belt through there b/t plastic and foam. JUST incase im carrying 2, blew only 1 at 400 miles cuz jackshaft came loose. (Also running 10LBS boost on the 800 on that belt for 300 of those miles)

K

kcdavidak

Dec 4, 2007
ketchikan,ak
missing not in action

nope no belt yet maybe someday it will show up. one week left in season for me then back to work ,glad i didn't sell the 2010.:face-icon-small-con

Premium Features