• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 BD TM8 timing mod question

I
Mar 8, 2011
Has anyone installed the timing mod on a 07 TM8 yet? We went to go install it and so far haven't been able to find the plugs coming from the mag to the ecu yet. We haven't dug into it too deep yet, I was just wondering if anyone has found those plugs? If so where are they hidden? Will I have to take the belly pan off to see em?

thanks

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
The wires/connectors should be in the same general area. Look around next to the ecu/oil reservoir and you should find them.

Hey guys, I have this 07 M8 turbo at the shop. The connectors that are supposed to be used for this timing upgrade are not there. I just checked the other Ms I have here and the 09 M1000 and 10 M8 have the connectors right at the ecu. The 07 M8 and 05 M6 dont have the connectors. So I know what they look like and where they should be. Possibly 08 or 07 and older only have the Mag connectors right out of the block.. Let me know if anybody has any suggestions. Would have to pull the belly pan to see if the "off the block connectors" are the same, just didnt really want to stuff it so far down if I didnt have to.:frusty:

Last edited:
I have researched, The 07 and 08 have different wiring harness part numbers. In the Cat online catalog you can actually see the connectors on the newer Ms but clearly not in the picture for 07. Looks like the only way to use the upgrade is to hardwire it in.

Last edited:

bparks

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Evergreen, Co
on the 07 look by the pull start there should be a bundle of wifes with a canvas cover should be under there

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
I have researched, The 07 and 08 have different wiring harness part numbers. In the Cat online catalog you can actually see the connectors on the newer Ms but clearly not in the picture for 07. Looks like the only way to use the upgrade is to hardwire it in but I will wait to hear from BD to see what they say. :ranger: Thats me waiting

The plugs may just be missing in the 07 picture. I believe if you look up the two timing coils they were used in all 800s and 1000s from 07 - 11. It should be plug and play. Cat prolly just hid the connectors in a different spot on 07 models like mentioned above. Hope this helps.

Just went to look at browns online parts diagrams. Looks like the connectors are on the 07 but back in the middle branch kinda by the ground lug branch. good luck.

Last edited:
Premium Features